Fluoxetine 10mg taken for 5 days had to stop!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I took 10mg of fluoxetine for 5 days and could not take anymore. I have had palpitations, insomnia and severe anxiety and panic attacks plus loss of appetite. This bothers me the most as all my anxiety stems around food, so it's making me feel scared.

I have stopped for 2 days, but the side effects are still there.

I feel like I'm going crazy. Has anyone had the same experience? Can you tell me how long it lasted?

Doctor has prescribed some diazepam, but I don't like to take it as I don't want to get addicted, but I also know that I can't carry one feeling like this.

please can someone give me some insight on whether you have experienced the same and how long it lasted please? plus if you change to another med, what it was and how did you get on with it?

Thanks so much x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi becbenmm

how are you feeling now ? i was on 20mg flu for 6 days on the 7th day i woke up and felt very strange full of Adrenaline i had tingling in my mouth and Tongue still do a bit i had a horrible Sensation rushing though me i ended up at a&e and they said it was a reaction to the meds i also had dizzyness heartracing sweating cold skin i thought i was going to die im on day 7 today and still not feeling good i feel like ive been Poisoned i have constant panic attacks and Anxiety i had a good day then bam it was all back im terrified and feel like I’m going crazy I have horrid thoughts i wanted to see how your doing now as im finding this so hard to cope with stuck in bed most of the time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.