Fluoxetine 2 years in

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there!

Hope someone can shed any light on this?

I've been taking fluoxetine 20mg for 2 years now after suffering from quite severe panic attacks and anxiety.

After about 1 month or so into fluoxetine I noticed a massive improvement, I no longer had anxiety and my panic attacks reduced noticeablly and I gradually got better.

But in the last 6 months or so, I've been struggling with restlessness, (especially my legs), I'm not sleeping well at all, waking up during the night(broken sleep) which then makes me exhausted throughout the day!

My general mood is erratic, very up and down. I feel depressed, and I can feel the physical symptoms of my anxiety returning.

Just wondered if anyone had any similar symptoms and its not just me thinking I'm going mad?

Jade

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hello!! youre def not going mad hun, youre just having a bit of a setback

. Are you still on the pills? You could need an increase , go see your doctor , its not uncommon to have a big blip but remember you have been well and you will be again! Join an anxiety site on facebook , theres plenty of support from others who have anxiety !! you will be okay again though , big hugs xxx

• Posted

Thanks Pam, I'm thinking I def need to see my Gp. Need to stop putting it off! Sometimes I wonder if it's all in my head but I'm guessing that's the problem lol! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.