Fluoxetine 20mg

Posted , 7 users are following.

3rd discussion now still have not taking the pill yet maybe because if the horrible possible side effects or the fact scared it makes my bad anxiety and panic worse to not being able to breathe, I need this pill the Dr won't give me anything else cause of the addictions at the end of my ropes and scared, feel sick, heavy and really tired am a mess

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Well you could look up homeopathic herbal remedies for anxietyantidepressants work, I am living testament.  Do you think a cancer patient doesn't want to take chemotherapy?  Yes chemotherapy has serious side effects, but some are willing to deal with them to get better?  Your peace of mind is really in your own hands!
  • Posted

Look for another Doctor- I take Dazepam and have been for 7-8 months and he started with 5mg twice daily and still today I'm only taking 7.5 daily. 2.5 in the morning and 5mg before bed.  I took like 20 antidepressants and none of them worked besides giving me side efects. Diazepam has not give me any side effects, relaxes my mucles and it also helps me to sleep and lowers my BD as well which at one time I was taking medication for it.  Now I take one medication; Diazepam. Is it addictive?  Yes, if you can't control yourself because it works so good so it all depends on the patient, not the drug.   I have another friend which has been taking it for 4 years. He is authorised to take 40mg daily, but he takes 20mg.  btw, I'm authorized to take 15mg daily but I stay at 7.5 or sometimes 10mg. ;-)
  • Posted

If you don'twant Iit don't take it simple try herbal remedies to calm it down we all have anxiety and there no magic pill has my doctors say you have to learn to deal with it sad
  • Posted

Let me add, I agree with the other 2 as well.  In your personal case this is the best time to try homeopathic herbal remedies and even gluten/dairy free diets because you have not taken any medication.  Get some essential oils and a diffuser and relax.  Listen to a nice  CD, or any anxiety hypnosis available free on the internet. Do some deep briething and relax (biofeedback).  Many B vitamis like B1,3,6,7 and 9 help with strees.  Get yourself a B complex for stress available at many stores and including WM and Walg.  
  • Posted

Hi ross123. I really feel your pain I suffer from this terrible illness and it ruins my life. But please please try the antidepressants because they really do work. I've been taking paroxetine for over 20 years and personally think my body has got use to them and now they don't seem to be working as good. I suffer from terrible health anxiety and no one knows what I go through on a daily basis. You will feel worse before you feel better but just try and give them a try I'm sure you will be so pleased you did. Big hugs xxx
  • Posted

I think you should find yourself a new doctor because you should not be going through this anxieties 
  • Posted

I see you have not responded to any of us but let me ask you- Is this your Pirmary Doctor or a Phychiatrist?   A primary will not give you many options because he is no expert on these issues.  You will need a Phychiatrist and many of them don't like to give Benzos because many people get addicted to them.  Sure, I would say is up to the patient to get addicted or not.  And one reason they don't give them is because they work so good that many will upper the dose and once you hit the top amount you are in deep trouble.  I myself will go down on the night pill to 4mg once I seee my Phychiatrist in a  few days and then lower 3 weeks later.  My goal is to in about 6 months be completely out and continue with my new diet which apear to be helping.  I also have reflux and gastritis which is normal for many of us with anxiety . ;-)
  • Posted

You can manage this without these pills. If your so against it then seek alternative methods. I do it without pills. I cant use them anymore. Mindfullness techniques, healing mediations and cbt. There are foods you cam eat. Easy search on the net. Half a cup of holy basil a day has some plant chemical in it that does calm the nerves. L theanine from the vitamin store. Celery, but juice it a cup a day. Two handful of cashews a day. You would be amazed whats out there. B complex and b12 sub linguals.it is very doable. This is very strong mind over matter issue. You must believe with every cell in your body that you can beat this or manage it. If you can accept yourself as is and really understand there is a dysfunction and your mind easily triggers fight or flight response and understand all the symptoms are from adrenaline and your fearful thoughts you can calm down. But you have to believe this. Foods do play a role, people dont want to be bothered, but they do. Search it all. Pinterest has tons of stuff on anxiety and nutrition. Pills are not the answer, they are a ,sometimes, a quick fix that do not even last long.. They are addictive and have side effects. Im not against them there are situations they do help especially if you cant function, but still you need to learn how to self regulate yourself. Id say if youe doc was kind enought to give you some xanax for emergencies and you wouldnt abuse them it can work well. Please do not really think there is a quick fix to all this there isnt. You have to change your lifestyle, your thinking. Exercise works wonders! The body will be very pleased if you eat healthy and exercise and provide it with nutrients. The mind will rewire with cbt and mediations. They have been prooven to be effective. Feel better. Dont be afraid to try an alternative route. They even have alternative doctors you can see, private but they can guide you too. I took that route. I still have episodes and cycles with anxiety but i have health ailments, some reqiuring surgery but i believe mediations, healing mediations saved me that and mindfullness are amazing. I have dealthnwith anxiety for about  27 years on and off. Its a battle but it can be done.
  • Posted

Thanks for all the replies, I use a stopnpanic and anxiety app on my phone when I panic I close my eyes and feel the panic and ride it out which has helped understand it more. I will eventually hope to get better over the weks and eventually take the pills once am more. Thanks for the replies much appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.