Fluoxetine 20mg for 4/5 weeks now and nothing has changed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on Fluoxetine for 4/5 weeks now, still struggling to get sleep, still having panic attacks and full of anxiety, so far nothing has changed. Going to phone my Doctor tomorrow hoping he doesn't change my pills as  a don't really wanna have to change  pills since this is the safest pill to take out of them all but if i got to double my dose hope it stays the same. Not had any side effects at all on 20mg  only possible sideeffects i noticed was lying there at night seeing hundreds of blue dot floaters to the walls rapidly shaking not sure if that's due to the lack of sleep or the meds most likely lack of sleep just hope these pills decide to kick in soon, been struggling with this for far to long and need that boost in confince and these pills are supposed to give me that confidence but so far not seeing it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

He want to give you something else with the sleep. I'm on Mirtizipane for the sleep really helped me.

Serap

• Posted

i had a weeks 3mg of zepiclone done nothing tbh i wanted diazipalm since it works wonders for sleep but doctor will refuse to give me that and since i got a weeks prescription of zepiclone he said he won't be giving out anymore case i get addicted so i gotta go through ti without aid sad

• Posted

Rossg,

I went through a really bad spell where by I couldn't sleep for about 2 months. It made me think of terrible things and I felt suicidal. If I was you I would try and get to speak to GP again or Pyschiatrist. Perhaps meds need changing. I take Xanax during the day and 45mg of mirtizipane at night. I also have nice relaxing baths and drink Cammomile tea before bed. Splash some Lavender oil on your pillow. It does wonders. Hope it goes ok for you.

Serap

• Posted

rossg

Sometimes I get the coloured flecks of light, I get something same on my eye lids.

They are supposed to be brain impulses in a darkened room When I get them on my eye lids they are like flashing circles of light, very pretty

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.