Fluoxetine 2nd time

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, just looking for some reassurance. I'm starting Fluoxetine for the 2nd time for anxiety. I do remember the 1st time being incredibly difficult. It was around 7 weeks before I started feeling any benefit mentally. I'm 6 weeks and 4 days this time around and I am struggling to stay positive. I have all the same physical side effects as before however the increased anxiety and panic attacks seem to be more frequent this time and relentless. I had some brighter days in week 4/5 but seem to have had a week of panic attacks going into week 6 with no let up. I take propanalol 3 x 40mg daily and diazepam when needed. Has anybody had a similar experience second time around and gone on to recover?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi just seen your post as this is the 3rd time now ive come off prozac and gone back onto them. im now 4 weeks in and i'm finding it really hard. How are you feeling now?

• Posted

hi

did you get better second time round and how long as im on my third time and side effects bad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.