fluoxetine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, doc has just put me on fluoxetine after months of asking for something to help with anxiety and depression, scared 2 take it though as she said side effects are similar 2 what im already suffering from due 2 anxiety, anyone else on it or been on it?what were your experiences with it :0

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lesley, I have been on Fluoxetine for about 4 years without any bad side effects. I don't take it now. I am on Citalopram as i was getting panic attacks but that only started after coming off Fluoxetine. Good luck.
  • Posted

I will be honest with you, it can cause anxiety for the first week or two if you are new to this medication, what dosage are you starting with? Gradually increase dosage, but also many people do not suffer any side effects also. Good Luck, but I will say taking this really helps me.
    • Posted

Hiya Pattie, im starting on 20mg, glad it had helped you, hope it works for me smile xx
  • Posted

I have had it on and off for a few years, back on it 6 weeks ago. The only thing i experience is headaches for the first fortnight, it suits me, i take 20 mg daily. I know it doesn't suit everyone though x
  • Posted

Lesley yes you can get more anxiety or symptons when you first start a new medication like this that you're taking but it only last maybe a few weeks if you can make it past few weeks it'll start working and you'll feel hundred times better anyway that's what it did for me. I always dreaded when I had to increase it but I knew once I got over that hump it was going to be so worth it help me very very much. I hope this helps. Try to remember when you stop fearing your symptoms that's when they'll go away it's your fear of them that keeps them coming nobody's ever died from a panic .

attack.  I hope that can bring you some comfort text me back if you want to im hear to talk and help.

• Posted

Well folks, took 1 tablet yesterday and its a safe bet 2 say I aint taking any more I csnt even start 2 explain how I felt, I know you have 2 give things a chance but NO WAY am I taking any more, I really thought I was going 2 die, I have never felt anything like it I was so scared and if im honest I still am sad
    • Posted

Oh dear... Shame... They are a wonder drug for me! Hope you find one more suited to you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.