Fluoxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

i took fluxetine for 4 weeks and couldnt cope with the side effects, bad sickness diarrhoea, tension headaches so i stopped taking them. i have now been off them for 16 days and

dont feel any better. can anyone give me any positivity on this please

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I don't know how you stopped Prozac but you seem to be suffering withdrawal symptoms. it takes a while you can overcome those symptoms. I truly hope you won't suffer much. please take care.

• Posted

Hello Leanne,

Of course you will need to discuss with your doctor the best course for you, however I do know that 16 days is a short amount of time. The medicine needs a while to work in your system. the side effects are definitely VERY hard ( I am dealing with them too ) but this is my second time around so I do have the hope that it will work again as it worked once. if you can find the strength, then give it at least 3 months because that is around when I began to feel a lot better last time. I am doing the same thing again. I hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.