Fluoxetine 8 weeks in

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I was diagnosed of general anxiety disorder back in Feb I have bin on fluoxetine for 8 weeks now.. I have felt so much better in myself but all of a sudden I'm back to feeling anxious again.. thinking I'm dying.. and that there's something badly wrong with me.. I have an obsession regarding these acid attacks that keeps going on that it's going to happen to me.. and now when I'm out with my husband I'm constant watching everywhere.. I'm so paranoid but where I live it's happening a lot and it frightens me.. I'm only on 3.0ml I'm going up slowly but it does worry me a lot

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirstie!

Ok, explain to me you dosing a little. I assume you're taking the liquid form since you said 3 ml. I believe that would be equal to around 12mg. How have you been increasing and at what rate? You may very well be under the therapeutic level that you need to be at. The usual dose is usually 20mg, or in your case 5ml. If you are usually extra sensitive to meds they will start you out smaller though. I would have a chat with your doctor and explain what's going on. All it could take is a minor

Adjustment to your dose.

• Posted

Hi Laura yea I'm dosing up a little bit each couple of weeks due to being highly sensitive I did go straight to 5ml and I had the worse day in hell but I'm taking 3.0 then next week to 3.5ml until I reach 5ml then stick to it till I see my psychiatric end of September.. like I said I do feel a lot better in myself but just the way things are going in this world it's making me more anxious I think I guess it's just too much paranoia I did mention about moving out my area as my area is so bad with crimes these days..

• Posted

I think what you're experiencing is a blip - they're perfectly normal and seem a necessary part of recovery.  You'll get many as you recover and it does feel like you're back at the beginning.  Just let the feelings and thought be there, understand its just how recovery works, carry on and try not to over analyse it - it will pass.

K x

• Posted

How long do these blips last Kate? I seemed too feel better at week 4 and so if a sudden I feel like I'm starting over again on week 5. It's awful.

• Posted

They can last any length of time John - a few days, a week or longer.  Your reaction to it matters - if you start over analysing and panicking about it then it'll probably hang around a bit longer, but if you try and accept its part of the recovery, relax towards it, let it be there and carry on with daily life (however bad you feel), then it'll help it pass quicker.  Its not easy doing that - but with practice it gets a little easier.

Setbacks get easier over time, and they get less intense and become shorter too.  One can always pop up unexpectedly though which can feel worse than ever, but as always acceptance, relaxing, carrying on will help see it on its way again.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.