Fluoxetine blurred vision

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am on week 6 of being back on fluoxetine after a 6 month break from it,before that I had been on it for 18 years with no issues,I thought I'd try and manage without it as I was doing well but had a bad case of anxiety and depression early December so Doctor advised I go back on them.The thing is for the last 3 weeks I've had really blurred vision,everything I look at looks like when you stare at the sun too long then look away.My eyeballs also feel like they're stinging today.Ive also had an under eye twitch everyday on the right eye for 9 months which came on around the time I started weening on fluoxetine.Im really scared I'm going to lose my sight as I never had this as a side effect when I was on them for 18 years plus side effects don't normally last after 6 weeks.Just wondered if anyone else had this and did it go away or did you have to stop taking it? Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

just joined this group and seen your question,and just had to respond as everything you said is exactly how i feel.i also was on prozac for 19 years and had missed a few tablets and had felt ok ,carried on missing a few trying to fool myself into stopping them without feeling any withdrawel symtoms.dont know why in hindsight i came off them? always felt that if i came off them then i would of finally defeated the anxiety! anyway started feeling a bit funny about 8 weeks later not horrendous but that familiar weird feeling . started retaking them and coupled with that my job role changed well boom 2 weeks later , my anxiety went through the roof, i dont understand why but whenever i feel like this mind automactically goes to my glasses , my vision , i feel like i cant see , my mind locks into this fear and it cripples me i constantly test my self on what i can and cant see and it paralyzes me in fear,im now on nearly week 5 and just had my first moments of feeling normal again , keep counting the days til i feel better again.I will never stop my tablets again even when i recover x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.