Fluoxetine Chest Pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I’ve been on Fluoxetine for 5 months and still keep getting chest pains. It mainly feels like it’s at the top of my chest I also get occasional stabbing pains in the top of my arms. Has anyone else experience this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah most days I think it's the anxiety more than prozac I ended up in A&E all OK put it down to anxiety mine has been on and off since increasing dose 3 weeks ago I do mindfullness youtube the mind can do scary things good luck x

• Posted

Hi Claire,

When I was on  them last I had similar symptoms and also headaches more than normal. That’s one of the reasons I am still stalling on if to go back on them or not. From memory I just seemed to get used to it after a while and I think they actually became less frequent as I got used to the tablets.

• Posted

Claire, I am on week 6 on Prozac 20, still side effects come and go chest pains, stomach ache and horrible anxiety. Do you eventually get better
  • Posted

HI how are you getting on with prozac I am week 8, still horible anxiety, feel depressed more, and hot , many thanks
  • Posted

I was on 60 mg cymbalta for 10 yrs then it stopped working .My doc put me on 20 mg Prozac for a few weeks then I went up to 40mg I'm still having anxiety in the mornings so I take Ativan in the morning and my Prozac midday.Im getting the chest pains again and sharp pains down my arm and I feel like complete crap .It's been about 2 months of pure hell.There are some days I feel amazing but the days I feel bad I REALLY FEEL BAD .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.