Fluoxetine dose

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I suffer serious physical effects of anciety, particularly stomach trouble. I've been on Prozac 20 mg per day for bout 29 yrs now. I'm 41 and started them at 20!! I'm suffering g bad at the mo and doc said increase dose to 49 mg per day? Does anyone out there know whether the extra one per day is likely to make much difference? I don't know if I should start it or not.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Everyone reacts differently to medication

I think fluxetine is a easy drug to manage if the higher dose does not make any difference just go back to you normal dose but it wil take around 6 weeks to kick in.

Personally I think you need a different anti D  29 years is a long time to be on one drug

Lil

• Posted

I have been ADs and in some cases its really helped other times nothing so back Dow. Everyone's different.Did you mean 40mg? cause 49mg sounds a bit random Good luck
    • Posted

Hi what is Dow? Yes I'm sorry I mean 40 mg and for twenty years. Soz bout my typing! ☺️
    • Posted

Sorry that was meant to read "now"
    • Posted

Haha! Oh I see!! Lol. Thought it was a type of medication lol 🙄 Yes Prozac seems I affective for me now, think my body is used to it. So thought that upping the dose may help?
    • Posted

Ineffective I mean grrrrt!!!😠

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.