Fluoxetine, Excessive Sleep

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all,

I have just recently started taking 80 mg of Fluoxetine (Prozac) for OCD. While it's been great in mitigating my OCD symptoms, it's been a great disruptor of my sleep as well. Not only have I had a harder time getting to sleep in general; I have also experienced really immersive dreams that are hard to come out of, which make me sleep through my alarms and miss my dose time by a matter of hours. Recently, it's also become an issue because my housemate, who has been incredibly kind and accommodating, has confronted me multiple times in the recent past on the premise of it being an issue that impacts his quality of life. So, I guess my question is:

1. Has anyone had similar experience with Fluoxetine?
  2. What do you do with your daily routine to mitigate these sleep-related inconveniences?

Thank you all very much,

Ryan

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had a tough time sleeping when I took it at night so I started taking it in the morning when I got up and that helped greatly

• Posted

Like postal stated it best to take them in the morning for sleep. I had the exact same issues and i guarantee you a lot of people do as well.

You can also try seeing your gp and ask him for some sleeping tablets until the side affects lessen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.