Fluoxetine for anxiety and depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

i recently started taking 10mg of fluoxetine 10 days ago and i don't feel any different or anything no side effects no improvement nothing what does this mean?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's still very early days, you may not see any improved for at least 6-8wks and not everybody gets side effects.

• Posted

I concur! It is still very early and not everyone has side effects. Additionally side effects are not always obvious. For example when I started Wellbutrin I didn’t think it did anything- it turned out it improved my mood, gave me some more confidence, and increased my libido. The change was so gradual it’s not recognized.

It was one of those things where, after a while I started realizing I was not as easily agitated or was less annoyed etc. The change becomes noticeable during self reflection. Almost like having a “good day” or being in a “good mood” but more frequently.

These meds work in a very unique way, they are intended to make you a better version of yourself. They do not work like, for example, having a beer or getting drunk. You don’t get an instant feeling and it’s not intoxicating.

Also too, of ypu are new to this, you may have to try a few until you find one that is yhe best fit.

• Posted

Hello

it'll take 6-8 weeks or so for FLU to work or kick in. And 10mg us a pretty low dosage.

Please be patient !!!! Hope it'll work for you.

i've been on it for 16 weeks now.

• Posted

How do you feel now after 16 wks ?

I've been on prozac for 10days , I was switched from Lexapro 10mg to Prozac 10mg .

I was on Lexapro for 6 wks but I could not tolerate the side effects . Terrible Insomnia and increased agitation all through the day and it gave me stomach issues too .

• Posted

Hello

i couldn't stand at with Sertraline do to severe drowsiness. i was on Lexapro before but i never liked it.

Yes i'm on prozac for 16 or 17 weeks.

i started it with 20mg and now on 40mg.

i had side effects but i tried to be patient.

I started feeling less anxious in 8-9 weeks.

You will feel it. HOPE it'll work for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.