Fluoxetine for anxiety?Upped to 40mg does it help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi does anyone have enemetaphobia ? (Scared of being sick) anxiety ? I have it bad on fluoxetine 20mg but been upped to 40mg does it help? Starting to think I'm going insane 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have severe emetophobia, it rules my life know exactly how you feel x 
  • Posted

Hi Amelia, I don't have emetophobia but I do struggle with anxiety. Fluoxetine belongs to a class of medicines called SSRI's (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) and they in general didn't really work for me. Give it a couple of weeks and see if you start to feel a difference, if not you probably want to switch medicines. Best of luck to you! 

• Posted

Being scared of being sick is common, though not all the time. I suggest you stop taking the medication and try thought programming. Please tell me what you are on the medication for. From the list of side effects for that drug it does not sound likely. So it could be an associative disorder based on a common repulsion to people being sick. When people see or smell it they are induced to vomit and turn away. A common reaction.

There are many side effects from this drug and more common than they say.

This particular drug looks like it is engineered to stop serratonin production or overproduction. The problem with these primative drugs is that they do not only affect one Neurotransmitter and it could be possible that it is stopping other serratonins that are necessary to regulate other functions. This is where the problem you are suffering is. If you are taking the drug for obsessive compulsive disorder and your disorder originates from a Neural Defect, this drug will not cure the problem. It might mask it, though it will most likely cause a variety of other nagative effects. Neural Defects can only be cured at the source. I need more information to fine tune My response to your problem. Some of these drugs are engineered to produce serratonin because the brain has defects that cause the Neuron to underproduce or have no serratonin production. There is only one healthy chemical compound that seems to work most effectively to regulate dopamine production and that is CITRIC ACID taken in combination with IRON, it is the most common compound found in the Brain. This proves that Vitamin C is essential for healthy thought processes. Nuff Said. Eat healthy. Peace and Love, Robert.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.