Fluoxetine - Heartburn anyone?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone experienced heartburn with fluoxetine? I'm getting it a lot throughout the day after taking my medication. I'm only on a really low dose of flux 4mg.

Thank you

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have heartburn and nausea I take candid ginger for it I would like to keep messaging you because I take small dose like you very few take a small dose always eat right before you take i
    • Posted

Does the ginger help? X are you building up to a bigger dose? I've had heart burn all day it's been horrible. How long have you been taking flux?

• Posted

Since Sept. 7 2016 I'm trying to go up on the dose very slow I take the liquid Prozac yes ginger does help

• Posted

Your can get the crystallized ginger at vitamin shops or health food store maybe at grocery storesĀ 
    • Posted

I take a dissolvable tablet. Wondering if that's what causing the heartburn? Have you had any improvements since you started the medication?

• Posted

Hi there! I'm not too bad, bit more anxious here and there. But on the whole I'm okay. X how are you?

• Posted

Doing some better glad you doing well,raised dose to 1.25 mgs going to go up more next week.what dose are you taking now?
    • Posted

That's great hope I will get there soon,the anxiety will pass. I wish I had started at a higher dose I want to get to 5 if I can.

• Posted

Yes I get heartburn sometimes. I drink a lot of water to help. I've moved from 20mg to 40mg and I'm on day 6. It's very hard at the moment. I know things will get better but it takes time. So day by day is the way for me. I've had a tearful few mornings and negative thoughts and getting sweaty or being too warm sometimes for no reason. It has started to calm down in the evening though. If I nap in the day I struggle to sleep at night so I do try and not nap. Mornings are the worst. Hope you guys are doing better. X

• Posted

Yes I had heartburn on 20mg, so i have a good glass of water with my tablets before i go onto eat a hour later in the morning. no moe heartburn. best of luck,
  • Posted

i am on 40 mg and it causes me terrible heart burn is there anyway to stop it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.