fluoxetine increase

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please tell me this is normal day 11 of increase, 20 mg to 30mg, shakey one day, not the next,  comes & goes, more anxious than before I increased the dosage,  feel like I can't catch my breath,  sweaty, haven't Been to work going on two weeks, 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello,stopped taking meds

now but I know what you mean. Very  trembly in my hands and very sweaty at any slight exercise.dont think these pills are good long term. Just a quick fix for most people to get you going again.sorry to here you are so down but just try to get through it day by day.take care and just keep going.x

• Posted

Hi Dewey,

Im sorry to hear of your struggle, but what you are experiencing is quite normal in the beginning for many people. When I started on flou. my anxiety and depression became much worse. I suffered with nausea, the shakes, insomnia, headaches, confusion and more. For me the first four weeks were the worst. Everytime I increased I would start all over again with side effects. It slowly became better. I am now at 20 weeks and have been feeling,good for a month. It is a slow process to get balanced on these meds. Each time you increase you really should give the medication between 4-6 weeks to stabilize in your system before changing. It seems like a terribly long time when you are suffering but it is worth it in the end to feel good again. I have been on antidepressants most of my life and I am thankful that there are meds out there that help me. They don't work for everyone but many people don't give the medication long enough to take effect.  Be patient and compassionate with yourself. Try and distract your mind from your discomfort. I use mindfulness, word search puzzles walking to help me through the process. Should you ever wish to chat I would be happy to help if I can. Please take care and all the best.

• Posted

Hi Laurie,  I'm so besides myself, I'm not depressed,  just seems the increase ramped up my anxiety,  it's hard to find a distraction when I'm dizzy & afraid I'll pass out, are hot & cold sweats normal?  Ready to scrap it & go back to 20 mg at least I felt 75 percent better. 

• Posted

Hi Dewey , really sorry to hear your struggling , please bear with the meds , as its still very early days yet. We all go through the same nasty symptoms it seems at the start of meds , its horrible and frustrating , but you will turn the corner , your so with all of us that are here to help you!!! Don't despair , take heart, I'm happy to help , hugs xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Pam I'm trying to stick with it,  but it's tough,  I thought each day things would be better,  not the case, hot & cold , feel like I'll pass out, very frightening,  besides myself at this point. 

• Posted

Omg you poor love , what dose are you on Dewey!? When I was increased 5 weeks ago ,from 40 to 60mg , I was alarmed at all the weird stuff I was experiencing , like yourself , but at week 4 I turned the corner , , I'm never going to be perfect I know , but at least I'm feeling better , I know it's awful , but these symptoms are very normal with an increase , keep chatting on here , this group gives great support xxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Pam, I increased from 20 mg to 30, 12 days ago,  having had a terrible day today,  crying,  which is not me, hot & dizzy & anxious,  not fun,  scary 

• Posted

HI Dewey,

Hold hon. I've experienced all that you have every time I increased. I know it's so difficult and feels like you are never going to get better but it does. I wanted to give up so many times but I came here and got the support I needed to keep going. Hearing that I wasn't alone that other people were or have gone through the same thing. You are stronger than you think or feel right now. You can do this. You come here whenever you need some help. Don't suffer alone. It's going to get better hon.

Laurie

• Posted

Yes Dewey , hold on in there !! We all go through the same on increases , but were all here to help you through the worst , love and hugs xxxxxxx
    • Posted

💟it helps so much talking to someone who has been there! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.