Fluoxetine (Prozac)

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been sick since May 2020. I had to have an eye surgery and having to do that during the pandemic triggered panic attacks, anxiety and turned into depression now. I have never had anxiety/panic disorder before. It has been the most horrible experience I ever had. For months, I couldn't sleep and suffered from all sorts of physical symptoms. I ended up getting a lot of tests including wearing a heart monitor etc. All the tests came back normal. It was all related to my anxiety. I have tried a couple drugs including lexapro and cymbalta. I didn't stay with them more than a couple months thinking that they are not working. I have been on Fluoxetine for 3 weeks now. I haven't seen any positive improvement. I have been reading other forums and learned that I have to be more patient and give it some more time. I have been also taking olanzapine for sleep and appetite.

I just wanted to see if there are others who are using Prozac (fluoxetine) and if they could mention a little bit about their journey with this drug. I wanna have hope. Lately I am very down and question my body like "What is wrong with me...these drugs are used by many others and it works for them....why doesn't it work for me"

Thanks.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.