Fluoxetine Prozac

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, i am thinking of taking Fluoxetine from my doctor. I tried Cotalopram for my deppression and anxiety but it made me collapse in a restaurant. I heard that Fluoxetine was a lot safer so i am thinking of trying that instead. Has anyone had experience with these drugs and how do they compare? also what was your experience on Fluoxetine? ups and downs etc thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I cannot give you a comparison but I can say that fluoxetine does a lot of good for many people. There is no reason to doubt it, just be aware that everyone of us are different and there is no way of knowing how any two people will respond. It is definitely worth trying. Next thing to remember is that none of these drugs are magic bullets. They take time just as your system needs time to adjust, so do not expect to feel any improvement immediately.
  • Posted

Hi Aiden, I was on Fluxotine for several years for depression with no side effects. Be aware thou that everybody is different, it's worth a try. 
  • Posted

Hi I started off on Fluxotine but it didn't help me at all.  I then changed to sertraline which is great for me.  I hope the Fluxotine helps you but it can take trial and error before you find something which works for you.  
  • Posted

hi,  Im using fluoxetine for some 7 I think, i didnt have any side effects, but i still can feel very depressed sometimes, but i think thats got more to do with the situation im in.

But i suppose its true everybody reacts different to a certain medication.

I wish you all the best x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.