Fluoxetine/Prozac and sweating

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking 40mg of fluoxetine for over a year now. Most of the side effects (lack of appetite etc.) disappeared after the first couple of months however since being on the medication I can't help but notice how hot and sweaty I am all the time! I am constantly uncomfortable in the heat and where I was previously a summer person I find myself so excited for winter so I can finally feel at a normal temperature again. Has anyone else found this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi phoebe am on these also an get very hot uncomfortable hot of a morning but am still early days , four an half weeks still getting awful side-effects , anxiety is up the wall Can't wait till it all passes x

• Posted

Sorry to hear about the side effects! For me they all gradually disappeared over time, I'm just stuck with the sweating one!

Remember if your side effects become unbearable, go to your doctor because the tablets should be starting to make you feel better, not worse. It's early days though. I hope things get better for you soon xx

• Posted

Hi Phoebe,

I have also noticed an increase in body temperature. I always have a headache and am mildly feverish. Been like this for 7 weeks now, but honestly,I can live with this side effect. It's the nausea and exhaustion I cannot bare.

• Posted

Oh Phoebe I get hot and sweaty, im on week 7, its improving though but its summer over this side of the world so it can be a little uncomfortable especially at night. all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.