FLUOXETINE UPDATE .....HOPE

Posted , 118 users are following.

Hi

I thought i would just write and share my experiences to give a little hope to those who have just started fluoxetine and are suffering from the awful side effects... Hang in there! i am 6 months in now and i cannot believe how my life has changed, im laughing every day, i love my job im enjoying my wonderful children and my beautiful granddaughter, im moving house and i just feel my old self again, my friends are so happy for me they said i got lost for a while but they have been so supportive, and say that its great to have me back ! something i didnt think would happen 5 months ago believe me i had no motivation and suffered every side effect felt totally disconnected from the world, i have been where you are now! this site has been my life line and people who came through the other side gave me hope so by sharing this post with you i hope it will give you the encouragement and strength to carry on with the tablets, good luck to everyone and thank you all who have replied to me when i needed advice and reassurance. good luck love sharon xxx

32 likes, 334 replies

334 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for sharing your very positive experience. I was in a similar situation 11 weeks ago. I am slowly recovering. Stress related to work, family and my relationship eventually got the better of me. I had to get away from everything just to recover. I still keep thinking about my relationship, that's the last hurdle left. Otherwise I am doing pretty fine. I think its still too early to say anything about Fluoxetine, but I know it is slowly bringing my life back.

Y.

• Posted

hi

im glad your are getting there it does take a while doesnt it, i too have just come out of a long relationship and at 49 thought life was passing me by but it really was the best thing that could happen i have great friends and have started planning holidays and weekends away with them you know what they say life begins at 50 !!! heres hoping lol good luck Y and please keep in touch sharon xx

• Posted

Thanks for the word of reassurance Sharon. I have identified my main problem and will be heading back to stay at my old home today. That took a lot of courage but I know it would give me space to heal.

I am 35 years old, I know it is the best to end the relationship. It was heading no where. But the hurt is real. I realized I am a very sensitive person despite putting on a very detached persona.

Prozac does make me a little tired I guess. I am weaning off Ativan (another 1.25mg to taper away). I hope its not the withdrawal symptoms though.

I fear that when I get off Prozac, my anxiety will return with a vengeane hehe. But I am doing all I can to protect myself. I am meditating daily and have trained myself to do breathing exercises effectively. Most importantly I am keeping myself occupied.

Y.

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

This site was my lifeline too and the only thing that gave me any hope during those dark days. I have been taking Fluoxetine for 3 and a half months now and felt vile for the first month then slowly better. However I still feel quite flat and not very excitable etc. I am functioning well and working etc which I couldn't do at all during the first month but just want to feel on top of the world again. Do you think that will happen? Did you feel better and better over time or did you get to a point where you plateaued? I am hoping that I will continue to feel better and I am hoping that this isn't as good as it gets for me! However I am so grateful to be such a long way away from where I was in June.

Sally xxx

• Posted

HI Sally

im so glad you are feeling better than you did, it took 6 months for me to get where i am now and there were some days like you when i wondered if it would ever happen, but im pleased to say it did i think it was a gradual thing my friends noticed before me if im honest!! but now every days a good day and cant tell you how great that feels you will get there sally hang in there im sure in a couple months i will be reading a post from you on here about how great your feeling take care sal keep in touch sharon xxx

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

your story ore has given me hope . I am at week eight and still not back to my old self. I am hoping I will soon feel better. I am on 20 mgs but doctor suggested 40 mgs  yesterday I am so worried they will make me more anxious which I could not bear.

Any advice would be appreciated

xx

• Posted

Hi Honey,

i really didnt feel myself until well into my 12 week and even then i had bad days, i promise it does get better although it doesnt seem that way at the time this site is awesome so much support and good advice, keep in touch and good luck sharon xx

• Posted

Thanks for that I will keep going ite the side effects that are the worst it sweating today and headaches. As long as I know it will eventually get better.

i can't face my work at the moment and feel guilty have been of eight weeks

thanks again for  your support and I am so glad you are doing so well

x

• Posted

hey

it does take time but its worth it in  the end love you will get there good luck and any time you want some support give me a shout xxx

• Posted

Hi mockingbird!was your anxiety worse in the first few days or did it take longer? My anxiety is very uncomfortable but it's only the second day. Christ I must be a right softie!! Thank god for this site though as it has giving me hope in the first 2days which have seemed like a week! Hope your anxiety lessens within the next few weeks .
    • Posted

Hi Pete,

my my anxiety didn't kick in for about 10 days then it was awful. I know how you feel I felt I would never be well I was anxious scared with all sorts of side effects. It took a while but it does get better. I had awful health anxiety which has gone as is most of my anxiety. Try and stick it out read the posts from before and you will see people get better it does work.

keep in touch

Linda

• Posted

I am currently feeling how you are. Did the flat feeling ever go away? I hope you are better now.
    • Posted

Thank you Becky. I am on 20 mg since three weeks and I feel anxious and flat. Just moved to a new home everyhing around me is fine and good but I feel spaced out .. And kind of emotionless. I wonder when this will start to subside .. But keeping hope.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.