FLUOXETINE WEEK 14, UP AND DOWNS TILL NOW..

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Everyone, I have decided to post as this site is a real help in my Fluoxetine journey.

Due to stress and life changes i start feeling very anxious and depressed. I have decided to get back on Fluoxetine (Lovan here in Australia, as it has previously helped me) but it has been discontinued and my doctor put me on VALDOXAN. As i have found out later its tottaly new group of AD and very new on market and has not been approved in US, but i start taking and it was good until week 6 when i have started to feel extreme nausea, fogginess, it scared the living hell of me. I have contacted doctor and she told me to stop taking VALDOXAN as it does not need tapering... How wrong she was.. Withdrawal hit me so hard that i thought i was dying.. Anxiety and depression was so increased that i wanted to crawl out of my skin and scream... I have suffered for 2,5 weeks unable to eat and sleep and loosing 8 kilos, i thought i am going crazy.. I start to read and research about AD.. Than been so desperate i went back to GP and ask for another AD from Fluoxetine group, same as Lovan, and got prescribed FLUOXETINE APOTEX 20MG...

What a roller-coaster ..

WEEK 1-2 feeling pretty good anxiety got better

WEEK 3-4 side effects start to appear - insomnia, nausea, lost of appetite, night sweats, increased anxiety.

WEEK 5-7 even worth anxiety, less fogginess but still feel very sick and not myself

WEEK 8-10 nausea almost gone, appetite back, feeling very sick in the mornings but better in evenings

WEEK 11-12 was able to go back to work for short time, have a really good moments, was able to enjoy some activities with kids and trips to the beach. I thought i have turned the corner.. BUT

WEEK 14 - last 5 days feeling horrible with anxiety and very scary thoughts, questioning my recovery and worry i wont get better after all.. I know all this anxiety talking.

In moments like that i come to this forum and read, and force myself to fight and believe that its the way meds work and i will get better. All of us will get better..

Please, everyone who is having hard time or recovered, find a min to post or comment so we can support each other, it helps a lot..

Love to everyone

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.