Fluoxetine when should you take it?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've been taking 20mg for 5 days.  I am having very disturbed sleep and my mind is working overtime.  The pharmacist said to take it in the morning but from what I am reading It might help me sleep if I took it at night.  Does it make you oversleep as I often have to be up at 7am.  Thanks

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No it makes me tired but I don't sleep very deep at all. I take it and 20,mins later I'm worn out but yet I'm stimmulated at the same time. I have it at 7pm to I use some energy before bed x 
  • Posted

I take mine about 9 in the morning,same time every day,I sleep fine now and have no trouble getting up
    • Posted

It was a cpl ofmonthes before I adjusted to it,at first everything was slow and I felt lazy,I jus feel relaxed now 
    • Posted

Thank you. I just feel like changing now at nearly 5weeks although its helped a lot too I hate been in a daze and I get jittery-worse in the morning. I'm on 20mg 
    • Posted

On on 20mg a day was on 10 mg,the doc wanted to put me on 30 mg,I told her no way I will stick to 20 mg,u will get to grips with it trace,ROM wasent built in a day 
  • Posted

Hi Tracey, I'm on 20mg myself and take mine roughly @ 10am each day, only difference is that I have been blessed with good unbroken sleep most nights, I have read of other people taking it at night so I guess it may be worth trying for a week or two, by which time you'll be well down the path of having it doing its job, hopefully.

Good luck with it, hope things settle down soon for you (and you do'nt sleep in wink )

• Posted

hi, im on this forum as my daughter is on this medication, day 29 today.

she doesnt sleep, we are seeing if night time kalms work, although the doctor has said he will give her sleeping pills if needed.

side effects for daughter seem to change every day, from shakes/teeth chattering/clenching jaw/sore knees/hates busy places/jittery tummy, but all of these she can cope with, as its better than the place she was in,

day 9 seemed to be the turning point for her, which is early days, for some its later down the line

the dr told her not to take at night, as she would be on "fast forward" in her head even more, but all you can do is try it.

good luck,  xxx

• Posted

Hi karen

Im just starting wk7, take mine 9.30am and generally sleep quite well now tho first few wks were quite disturbed so i took sleep aid (2 wiped me out so only took one) but thats got better over time  Still wake around 5 sometimes,  often with sweats but I can go back to sleep now easier. 

Last wk was really the turning point for me so you may have to be patient which I know is hard when you're struggling but stick with it, you will get better  and hopefully it'll settle down quicker for you (some people improve much faster. )

Take care, hope sleep comes for you soon. 

Vix

• Posted

Sorry hi tracey!!!!!! Doh
    • Posted

Thanks for your comments will see how it goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.