Fluoxitine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm not sure what to expect from here but I'm struggling with really bad anxiety and depression, it's something I've dealt with from a young age so nothing knew, just getting so bad, I'm in a new relationship of 4 months, he has an 8 month old frenchie, at the start things were amazing, dog was cute. They kind of slowly moved in with me and As time went on my anxiety came to surface, little by little, now I'm in the process of coming off venlafaxine (5 days off) and starting fluoxitine (5 days on) now my boyfriend works, he wasn't for like 2 months so was us everyday untill he works again. So when he started working, I had the dog, from 12 till 9 every day or 9 till 6, and its got to the point of it feeling like my 100% responsability, taking her for the toilet, taking her walks, I have an almost 4 year old little girl who goes to nursery, and I still have no time for me because the dog can't be left on her own without her pooping and peeing in the house or cage. Even if she's been out, I suppose what I'm asking is, am I horrible? I have so much anxiety with the thought of the dog being in my house now, but I know if I can't have the dog in the house my boyfriend can't be here and he doesn't see us having a relationship if he moves back with his dad.

Thankyou in advance and apologies for the long read

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

sorry to read of your difficult issues. it takes time to reduce intake of this drug. your better off not taking any. plz see the side effects for long term .

you are strong and can get thru this. If necessary move in with your mom or dad temporarily until you can recover . maybe find a home for the dog temporarily until you dont feel so over loaded. Remember this period of your life is temporary it will get better . Life does have its ups and downs.Stay productive get into a group therapy program they can help you cope much better than meds. Talk therapy with others going thru similar issues can be a great way to learn coping skills and better skills for the future.

Sending blessings your way.

• Edited

Thankyou so much for taking the time to read, I'm currently in supported accommodation, this is my home, my boyfriend stayed with his dad before me, he and his dog just gradually stayed here more and more, the dog hasn't been here for 2 days now and still the thought of her coming back makes me panic, I feel like I'm a horrible person but I don't think I'm mental stable enough to have the dog aswell as my daughter xx

• Edited

staying in your own home where your comfortable is important.

you have a lot to cope with and your feeling overwhelmed with the dog is normal animals can be a lot of work and demanding they depend on you for everything. much like your young beautiful daughter who needs you and not the distraction of a boyfriend and a dog. your doing the right thing .

i would like to stress how important it is to find a group therapy program. relating to others going thru similar life adjustments is helpful for your mental health and i promise you will build your confidence as you begin to improve your coping skills .we all have been thru these difficult times. it;s not easy . take the time to take care of yourself, find support and learning coping skills will stabalize your self confidence . Hug your daughter give her all that she needs to grow happy healthy and confident. life is a gift !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.