Fluoxtine isn't working?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on 20mg fluoxtine since August 2014. It was great up until about 7 weeks ago when I started having extreme mood swings. I put this down to a change of brand, but I switched again and it's made no difference. Do I need to up the mess do you think?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was the same. the 20mg got me so far then hit a brick wall, 5 to 6 weeks after upping dose to 40mg I was in a great place in every sense, go for it Anna, the difference is amazing, good luck cheesygrin
  • Posted

A lot of people do go backwards after having a good period, and I often say wait a while and it'll pass, as this is normal, but you say you've had this now for 7 weeks?  You could wait a while longer as it is usually a passing phase during recovery or maybe David is right and it's time to up the dose.  I'd speak to your doctor as you'd need to do this with guidance.

We all react differently to different doses, and it often trial and error before getting the dose just right for you.

K x

• Posted

It all depends. How long has ur blip been for? I was on 20mg Dr upped and I was I a state I total mess. I'd pour half out so ur taking 30mg if ur on 20mg tablets. I'm really sensitive. Also my anxiety was really bad and flu is more a stimulant to get u up when depressed so for me was too much. I'm not on sert and having a backwards week but I won't increase till iv tried to ride the storm x
  • Posted

Thanks everyone. I saw the GP and she's put me on 40mg but I'm going to go slowly and take 20mg one day and then 40mg the next day for a while. Not sure I need (or want) a full double dose. Has anyone else done this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.