flutter/twitchy feeling in abdomen

Posted , 5 users are following.

any one else have a weird flutter feeling in their abdomen? Left side bottom near rib?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I once got very sharp and painful muscle spasms right in the location you are describing.  It was very odd, and had never happened before.  
    • Posted

I have no pains just a flutter. Kind of like a baby kicking when pregnant,

• Posted

I believe I had that fluttering feeling also, until one day is was actually a real pain.  
  • Posted

Hi Angel,

yes i do indeed have fluttering in my belly like when your baby moves. Ive had mri, cat scans, colonoscopy. No Dr can explain it, ive ended up with anxiety, depression all since i had my gallbladder out in March 2016. I do believe it could be anxiety i call it angry butterflies, and there are some articles on the web. I also have flutters in the butt. Also some hormones are made in the gut from what ive read! Im taking a high strength probiotic, lots of water. Good healthy food, but its still there! 

Do the flutters worsen at any time in the day, are they constant. Can you relate it to any food? Or anxiety?

i also get muscle twitches all over, inner trembling. its all too much at times isnt it!

i hope it settles for both of us!

🌺

• Posted

Hi Carol I can't pinpoint what causes the flutters. I do have GAD so I'm guessing this has a lot to do with them. Before I had GAD I had the flutters,  but not as bad. Now I let them really get to me and convince myself it's my heart and then I panic! It's terrible. 

• Posted

I occasionally have them in random places... I've noticed it in my back and buttocks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.