Fluxoteine day 10 help I feel awful !!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I'm back on my ADs 20mg for various reasons and I'm on day 10 went to the hairdressers today as I had a wedding to attend and had a meltdown... Crying didn't get my hair finished came home and spent the afternoon sleeping.

I've had virtually no side effects from the meds before this just a little more anxiety than normal ... I've struggled with depression on and off for 8 years just wondered if it's normal to feel so awful on them.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pene3434

Read the posts, everyone's different, it could be hormonal, are you near your period? For the first few weeks I was very shaky, emotional, ect Now I feel quite numb, and hate waking up, if I could sleep throughout this I would ! The advise on here is to PUSH through all the side effects, as it's going to be worth it.....🙏🏽 I really hope so......Keep it up, support on here is available if you need to talk X

• Posted

Hi no not near a period I had a hysterectomy 5 months ago 😬 I hope the symptoms are worth it everything's a real struggle at the min

• Posted

I hate how I am now 10 years ago I could of took on the world now I can just about function ...
    • Posted

Did I take anti depressants then? I have also had a hysterectomy 5 years ago, have you had blood tests? Sometimes you can also be lacking in folic Acid, or have an hormonal issue, the meds are not nice, and believe me I would be the first to give up, but I'm hopeful and praying that this process with make me well again, nothing ventured nothing gained, are you in the U.K.?

• Posted

Hello Pene,

i know how you are feeling just now as most of us will tell you, day 10 is so early in your treatment and yes you will have some side effects. Its normal to feel pretty awful for a while, you may have some more awful days, but they will get better over time. There is no overnight fix. After having your operation i imagine you have some HRT? Or other hormone treatments? Depression after a hysterectomy is quite common, or any operation Drs dont talk about the possiblity. It happened to me, ive had some rough months. I feel closer to feeling happier, its a slow process, please be kind to yourself.

Eat small meals, drink plenty filtered water, limit sugar and sodas, have a google about foods that can help anxiety/depression. Bananas, good dark chocolate,  hot milk has tryptophan in it that boosts feel good hormones. Also consider macca, it may help also.

i cant cry, id like to have a weep, crying helps release  toxins and built up anxiety. Go with the flow, dont fight all those emotions float with them, its not easy I know, recovery will come in its own sweet time, everyday gets you closer.

Read past posts here you will see that most people say it takes a lot of patience, think positive always, distract your mind with a craft project, read, walk. Have a small goal every day, you will overcome this!

Good luck, sending you healing vibes🐨🐶😽

• Posted

Thank you I sadly can't take hrt as I had hormone responsive aggressive breast cancer 5 years ago.

I also have fibromalgia it's been a real struggle the last few years.

I lost my dad to cancer I also got diagnosed with cancer my mom has had it 3 times in 2 years. On top of this there are also other issues which are awful but don't really want to go into.

I work full time and feel like I'm currently running on empty

• Posted

Ps

I already take vit d magnesium and calcium b vit complex and evening primrose and fish oils I eat really quite healthy don't smoke don't drink an awful lot prob 2 glasses of wine a week keeping my fingers crossed that I can ride these few weeks out of feeling crappy.

I've taken a week off work this week so I can get some rest and let the tablets settle

• Posted

Hello again,

gee you have had a rough time, i dont know how you can manage to stay at work. Ive had cfs for many years, i coped ok after the first couple of years. Brought up my daughter, moved interstate etc.  my mum passed away at only 61, lots of stress pushed me to the limit. As the years passed i tried many meds, herbs, natural remedies, not much helped. Last year i had a gall bladder operation which again pushed me backwards, i coped with a hysterectomy and other stress, so why have i stepped backwards. Mmm i will never know, i just have to keep going forward, im seeing a naturopath now. Ive looked into the possibility of internal parasites, they are more common than we think, and Drs dont really think of this as an explanation for many illnesses.

Im into my 20 th week on prozac, doing better, but still not where id like to be!

I think you are a hero for pushing onwards, you have had a lot to cope with. remember to take time out for yourself. And take each day as it comes!

🌸🌷🌺

• Posted

Hello Pene,

just want to add a few words of support. Early weeks on the meds can be tough. I struggled really around week 2 and 3 and the anxiety I experienced was much worse than any depression before taking the meds. It felt like I stopped coping with life completely and I can never find my strength again. Now 5.5 weeks in it is starting to get better, week by week I find I have more anxiety-free moments/days and start finding little joy here and there, and able to be more patient and rational rather than just crazy emotional.

From what you described below with recent unfortunate events, it is a lot for one person to deal with. Sorry to read about it sad You must be very strong person to have gotten through all that. You can also push through these side effects! Most people on these forums do report getting much worse before getting better...reading that and sharing with others has given me a lot of support and strength to push through it.

Stay strong and be patient.

Hugs

Luci

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.