Flying

Posted , 6 users are following.

worried about traveling in plane. It's a short flight one hour 20 minutes but it's a smaller plane and knee is a little bothersome today. Also, going where it's very cold and currently snowing so that will be interesting. I really haven't traveled too far since surgery in August but here I go.... 

Happy Christmas everyone!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Robin you'll be fine enjoy your Christmas even if it involves a short flight. Wear some flight socks, do some calf raises while sat down and you'll be fine. Merry Christmas and have a fabulous new knee year X 

• Posted

I gently massage my knees and legs before flights. Do some walking and try to move your feet whilst in flight. I flew 4 months after my bilateral replacements. It was a little painful and I took 15mg codeine and paracetamol X 2 before my 9 hour flight. You should be ok. Aromatherapy helps too. Some lavender oil on a piece of clothing always helps. Good luck.
  • Posted

Your surgery is 2 months older than mine and you're still having problems? There's No way that I could sit that long now. I'm still having trouble getting it to straighten out when I get up in the morning. At least 10-15 minutes .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.