flying after surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

It'll be 5 weeks after my bunion op broken foot and toe and pins and im due to fly it will be exactly 5 week I'm still wearing my surgical shoe has anyone else flown so soon and do you think they'll be any problems thanks 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mitchy - my surgeon reluctantly agreed to 6 weeks. As it turned out I will be flying 7 weeks to the day. A previous consultant agreed to 4 weeks on condition I took blood thinners. It also depends on whether or not you are going to do a long haul flight or not. I have a 7-hour flight to do which is considered long haul. Hope this helps. 
  • Posted

Hi Mitch, Im a few weeks behind you as I only had my op 13th Dec.  I've flown with my daughter who is also disabled and TBH every time we fly I always make sure that we get the seats with extra leg room, usually at the front. They won't let you have an isle seat but if you email special services at the airline you should be able to get the seats and also priority boarding with no queue for the security either.. email the airline tomorrow and ask them.  good luck and safe journey. Also make sure that you notify your insurance company re your situation.
    • Posted

ThankYou very much I'll do that now I hope you have a seedy recovery .
  • Posted

Hi Mitch, you didnt mean to but your reply to me, made me laugh. There's nothing seedy going on in this house lol, even without the crutches. Happy New Year to you and yours hun.
    • Posted

Ha ha I've just read it back sorry must be the pain killers having a delayed reaction .
  • Posted

Ha Ha, I blamed the painkillers for all my online spending before Xmas lol, those Tramadol have a lot to answer for..... Happy New Year :-( I can't partake in my New Year Baily's this year so I'll have to settle for fruitjuice and Jools Holland lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.