Flying and costochondritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey guys, so with costo or tieze syndrome are you aloud to fly.. just wondering because if theres already pressure on the chest wouldn't being in a pressurised cabin make it worse??

(please excuse any spelling mistakes)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

I've had no issues on the flight itself - its usually afterwards is the issue for me.

Also might be a good idea to put it on your travel insurance!

• Posted

HI Kelly,I did a flight just before I found out I had costo. It was terrible, I thought I was having a heart attack! Recently had to travel again. This time I used a inhaler, ice pack , pain patches on the worst areas and took ALEVE just before flight. HUGE differance. Im sure knowing I was NOT having a heart attack helped.. lolHope you have s great trip!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.