Flying with LS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies, wonder if anyone has some helpful tips while flying long haul? I'm having to go to Australia with a two hour stop in Hong Kong.I have purchased a ring cushion to help with all the sitting but dreading all the bathroom visits, as I seem to need a lot of emu oil to keep everything as comfortable as pos + I don't like using pads as they seem to irritate me. Many thanks in advance!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I wonder about this too. I need to spray with water after the bathroom, and I know there are restrictions, about liquids. Same for you with emu.Is there anyone out there who has advice, and experienced this dilemma. Afraid they will.take liquids before boarding.
  • Posted

Flying can be a real problem as I recently discovered. Having experienced a bad flare following a long haul flight which almost ruined my holiday, I took extra precautions on the next one which definate improved things for me. First the obvious, avoid tight trousers or jeans and only wear cotton pants. I slathered the whole area with white soft parafin, (WSP) something I usually only use when I have tears and lesions. I know pads are a pain but I have found one that I can wear without any issues. This is purely for comfort and to protect outer garments from the oils in the WSP. I carried a small pot of extra WSP and spare pads which I only changed twice. As soon as I reached my destination, I stripped off all lower garments, washed with my usual regime and applied my steroid ointment to pre empt a flare. I had some slight soreness but about 85% better than the first trip. It may not work for everyone but it made a huge difference to me and I will certainly do the same again. Good luck what ever you do.
  • Posted

Thank you both for your help,will certainly take on board! what you suggest. This LS seems to affect so much of our daily lives. Hey ho.
  • Posted

I have only recently been diagnosed with LS and am new to this forum, I have so many questions. Are you able to tell me why is it not ok to sit too long? What is it about sitting that causes the probelem?
    • Posted

Hi Susie, Not everyone finds sitting a problem but I do.I think it maybe something to do with the fact I have no inner labia left & the area feels bruised & uncomfortable if I sit for long periods.I think ladies who cycle & ride horses may feel the same.I used to ride years ago.So sorry you have been diagnosed with LS but you will find everyone is supportive & helpful.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Piggles. 
  • Posted

Have you tried cloth menstrual pads? (washable and reuseable)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.