Foamy urine for a few days now. Not sure what I should do?

Posted , 1 user is following.

A few weeks ago, after a night of heavy drinking I usually have this problem where I have an extreme urge to pee but nothing comes out. It's incredibly annoying and painful, and the morning after I usually find that I have lost the urge to pee completely. Only able to pee small amounts at a time. My bladder would feel full, but my stream would stop quite abruptly when using the bathroom. My streams would usually last about 6 - 10 seconds. It would spray out like a shower sometimes or be quite weak.

Since that day I haven't been able to completely empty my bladder at all. It feels full and my lower part of my abdominal looks inflated/bloated. I'm not in any pain right now, but sometimes I get pain in my upper abdominal area (both sides), and around my pelvic area. I was also constipated during this time also. Days after my symptoms would start to alleviate, and I'd have to frequently use the toilet. My urine was very clear but was quite smelly.

I had a blood test for kidney/renal function, liver and a full blood count back in Jan and Feb of this year, and everything came back clear. I also had a urine sample done in Jan, and the lab found no irregularities.

Few days ago, I've noticed now that I have had foamy urine for the past few days now. Sometimes there would be quite a lot of foam, other times its not so much. I want to know if it's something I need to consult my GP about. I can't focus on other aspects of my life due to these bothersome symptoms, it's really disrupted they everything. My GP has referred me for an ultra sound of the bladder, and a check up of the back passage also.

I want to know if the foam is something I should be extremely concerned about, as I know it can be a sign of proteinuria (protein in urine). Should I go straight to A&E or wait for the examination in a few days time?

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.