Foamy Urine - Should I Worry?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys first time posting here. I'm a 23 year old male, In good health. With the exception of a spontaneous pneumothorax 2 months ago I have never had any major health issues, and everything has always been normal. 

For the past 6 months (this could of happened before as well I just never payed attention) I've been experiencing foamy urine on and off, mainly when I don't drink enough water. 

I've had urinalysis done twice in the past 3 months once by my GP at a routine physical, where he said everything was normal and again when I was in the hospital, everything was normal there as well. When I originally went for my pneumothorax I thought I may of had a kidney infection but when tested everything came back normal. 

The darker my urine the more foam I notice (particularly in the morning) and the more water I drink the less I see bubbles. If I stay hydrated with 7-10 glasses of water I never see it. do you guys think it's related to dehydration or to an underlying kidney issue? I've also had CT scans done in the past year (about 4 abdominal, 1 chest) and they said everything looks perfectly fine. 

I also should note I was in the hospital about 5 months ago for dehydration as well. Thanks for the help everyone!! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Definately a sign of dehydration. You would have had renal bloods done as routine in hospital and you have said all was ok. So keep up the fluids!

• Posted

Since you've had renal panels run within the past 3 months and everything is fine, I'd just drink more water on a daily basis. I'm also a strong advocate for seeing your actual lab results, i.e., the actual written report with the data. Then you'll know exactly what your renal panel results were. then if you're seeing any variations that concern you you can talk specifically about your data with your doctors.

In the meantime, drink plenty of water on a daily basis🐶

Marj

• Posted

Hi,

Foamy urine can be a result of not drinking enough, if you have been in hospital that would have run a full set of bloods as routine and if you would have had any issues you would have been told.  I would make an effort to drink more and make it water as that is the only thing that will re hydrate you.  Good luck

• Posted

You need to drink water plenty everyday .your bodys telling you to .my dr said 3 litres over a day .so do it or your kidneys wont like you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.