Fodmap weeky meal planner

Posted , 5 users are following.

I would like some advice on how to know what to eat each day using the formal diet please. Also what can you have instead of sorbitol as I was having sugar free mints to freshen my breath after eating lunch at work and I cannot have chewing gum as it gives me indigestion

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I use Stevia as a sweetener as I have an allergy to Sorbitol.

Regarding the diet, just read-up on it and use common sense.

• Posted

Ditto your comments. I have two charts which I printed out on what you can and cannot eat. This helps me as a guide.
  • Posted

just follow the guidlines, it really is very easy. and just eat normal mints lol
  • Posted

To access a low FODMAP daily meal plan, check out Monash University low FODMAP booklet and App.

Also stick with Stevia as a sweetener.

A couple of ther suggestions I have discovered over the years... Asafoetida powder as an onion replacement (onions are a key trigger in IBS)works really well.

Garlic oil is also worthwhile, as you get the taste without the saccaharides from the actual food as they are not oil soluble.  Makes for great toasted garlic bread.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.