Folate Deficiency?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My GP has just told me my Folate levels are low again and i need 3 months of Folic Acid treatment. I have been deficient in the past but this time i have different symptoms. I receive B12 injections every 12 weeks but i feel i need them more frequently. I have arm and leg numbness and tingling, feel really cold all the time, fatigued, lightheaded, no appetite and my feet go bright red and are really hot. I was told these are B12 problems but some could be Folate problems but im not sure if the foot problem can be linked to the Folate levels being low. As i have been deficient before should they be finding out why?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What has your diet been like?

Green leafy vegetables have plenty of folate.

In the US both B vitamins and folate are added in pretty big doses to bread products.

Drug store vitamins have all of these you might need.

So, I'm guessing you haven't been eating a normally balanced diet?

• Posted

My diet hasn't been great as i have been struggling to eat due to my Pancreatic Insufficiency and the crippling 24 hour nausea. Would the Folate deficiency cause the foot problem as the practice nurse said this was related to the B12 problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.