Folliculitis dacalvans

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys, i was dealing with folliculitis decalvans since 2013, ive seen possibly ever dermatologist in my city, they all prescribed the same meds but i never took them. I wanted to find a natural cure and i think i found it. I went on my fist vacation in the south and let me tell you, spending full days in the ocean cleared my scalp.  The salt water and sun is the best remedy for this disease. I am almost 100% that a month in the sun and ocean can heal this apprently chronic disease. What do you guys think, did anyone try this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did it heal yours??

• Posted

When i went to the beach, in 3 days no more boils, i had some on my upper back, even the scars peeled off. Ocean water, sun and exercise are the best remedies. I never took any meds for it either. 
    • Posted

I have heard others that reported success with going to the ocean. Would be nice if there were facilities that could recreate this environment and offer it as a form of therapy.
  • Posted

Here’s how I got my folliculitis decalvans under control...

First of all, let me just be clear about this. I’m not exactly cured of that horrible decease, I just found a way to make the symptoms go away as long as I keep up with my daily routine, which doesn’t involve any kind of remedy or drug. All I do is shave my head every day (twice if I can) using an electric shaver, and then I clean/exfoliate my scalp with cotton soaked in water. I also moisturize with a little bit of vegetable oil... no creams, no chemicals, no shampoo, no soap, nothing.

That being said, don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t easy at all at the beginning. I remember there was a lot of bleeding, burning, itching, reddening and pain. But after a few weeks, the symptoms started to disappear and my skin began healing, and after a year or so there were no more signs of the decease apart from a few scars that keep getting better and better with the help of dermarolling. After a couple of years, I also resorted to scalp pigmentation in order to cover the parts of my head where I've lost my hair permanently. It’s not perfect, of course, but it’s way better than it was before and I’m slowly getting closer to living a normal life, which seemed absolutely impossible for a long time!

Again, just to be clear, I’m not really cured because if I don’t keep up with the routine the symptoms will reappear, I know that for a fact. And unfortunately I can’t guarantee any of you out there that this method will work for you, I’m just sharing my experience hoping that maybe I can help someone make their life a little better and put this nightmare behind. But even if it doesn’t work for you, I still think it is worth trying considering it’s an all-natural “treatment”.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful, and let me tell you just one more thing... please don’t give up, no matter how much you’re suffering or how lost the battle against folliculitis decalvans seems! You have to keep fighting and trying different things until you find whatever works for you!

I wish you the best of luck and a prompt recovery!!! Be strong!

• Posted

ive been doing alot better id say 90% better and thats without treatment protocols. deworm yourselves with something like paraguard, i am almost certain that FD is caused by a mix of worms and stress. and another thing is to change your pillow cases and showering before bed. lowered sugar intake and good hydration. your body can heal from that. will be posting pictures.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.