Folliculitis how I got rid of it

Posted , 4 users are following.

Heya since I had real struggles with folliculitis, I’d thought I’d share my remedies that worked. So I get folliculitis on my chest and forehead for a year now. Had lot of stress before it occurred, so had a weak immune system. First I was using Nizoral for months 2x daily - drying my skin like crazy but it was the only thing that kept my rash at bay. As soon as I’d give it a break I’d be covered again, so it didn’t make it go away just contained it. Then my doc put me on antibiotics and I was given acne cream (???), needless to say both made it worse as my skins natural flora got f***ed from it. So that was it for doc help, looked for natural remedies instead.

The first thing that actually cleared up my skin on my chest was aqua marina from Lush. It contains calamine, sea salt, sea moss and had done absolute wonders. So simple, but so amazing. First I was washing my skin daily 2x with it, completely replacing Nizoral. Now I just do it every few days, and I haven’t had any break outs at all - for months now it’s been pretty damn clear. However with my forehead it was much more complicated as I needed to moisturise my skin to prevent wrinkles and use makeup when I’m at work. To replace moisturiser for face I now use organic 99,9% aloe Vera gel - it has done wonders!!! Moisturises, heals skin, keeps folliculitis at bay at the same time. I even use it as moisturiser/primer under makeup now. For makeup I stopped using foundation and now use a mineral powder, as folliculitis feeds off oils. Oh and using head and shoulders as shampoo and washing forehead as well. And finally my forehead folliculitis has cleared as well!!

However this isn’t the only things I’ve changed: I’m taking turmeric capsules, zinc and probiotics (2x recommended amount). As I realised I need to internally fix the problem. My skin is so nice and clear now, despite the fact that I had days I was so covered that I couldn’t leave the house.

So my suggestions:

- head and shoulders as shampoo

- aqua marina from lush (let it sit 5 mins before washing off)

- probiotics (I got the ones with best customer average rating from amazon) and take double amount 

- 140 mg zinc 

- 400 mg turmeric

- do not use moisturiser where you get folliculitis outbreak! Instead use Aloe Vera

- sunbed or sunbathing at least 1x every 1/2 weeks - fries them little b******s off

Hope this helps someone in similar situation as I was a year ago! Good luck with your recovery!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

You and I went similar approach. I didn't do probiotic but I took garlic pills (2x), turmeric pills (2x), Apple Cider Vinagar (4x daily), Zinc pills (2x a day) each, drink sour beer that has lactobacillus, Head & Shoulders Shampoo. Started eating more seafood mostly salmon. I been cured for good 10 years or so. You can also use cera-ve for daily moisturizer. This is the true cure not the antibiotic dr. Keep prescribing people. Glad it has cured you.

• Posted

Hi Mike

how many mg dose is each product? and did you take all of these daily in one day? thanks.

• Edited

hi, my names megan.

thanks for your help and remedies, I have just ordered some of the aqua marina from lush and some of the 400 mg turmeric tablets in hopes it will help my situation like it has yours. You also mentioned 140mg zinc, i cant seem to find any of that dosage, would taking two 25mg tablets be of benefit?

I have never suffered from anything like this before until about a year ago, in the area of my chest,neck and tummy, I'm also thinking it could be down to how low my mood has been and how stressed i have been as i dont understand how its all of a sudden started.

Its having a significant impact on my life and mental health and to make matters worse I suffer from a disorder called body dysmorphia so I'm trying to find any help I can to solve/prevent this from happening.

i've been to the doctors countless times and been put on antibiotics due to how stressed its making me but i feel they aren't doing anything and have been told by doctors theres nothing else they can do for it

I wake up with new ones near enough every day, it feels really uncomfortable and feels like its burning.

I just hope these will help me as I'm really desperate for anything to work 😔

glad you finally found something to help.

• Posted

Hello Megan, i havent had them now for years, so some more advice - buy nizoral. Cover wherever you have the spots and leave on for few mins, then rinse. Does same as aqua marina, except thats way friendlier on your skin, but if you find that expensive or cant wait for it to arrival, then pop to shop for nizoral. This would always burn them off but you really need to go from inside out to cure this for good...bc id do this weeks on end with nizoral and really dries your skin.. Theyd also give me antibiotics which did f**k all, ended up going keto diet, cutting out all sugars and carbs - absolute healer for so many things! Stress totally exacerbates this condition btw. Let your skin breath make sure you dont wear clothes when sleeing and only use cotton clothes where you have outbreaks for now. Also agreeing with previous comment on taking garlic capsules, having apple cider vinegar and lactobacillus (i just eat loads of natural yoghurt now). And yes two of those zinc tablets should be enough! i went through what you did, each day more and made no sense. Cut the sugar. Kill em from inside with garlic, turmeric and kill them on outside with aqua marina and nizoral. good luck girl and keep strong!

• Edited

hi jess, I'm really pleased to hear you have managed to sort yours, I hope I get the same results!

how often would you recommend i use the nizoral? as I know that moisturising the place you have the folliculitus makes it worse and I'm just abit worried my skin will be really dry and I won't be able to do anything to help it, ie. moisturise, could I use aloe vera gel to replace a moisturiser?

I'm also going to cut down on sugar and carbs aswell as taking the tablets you have suggested, should I also be taking probiotics and if so which ones did you purchase if you dont mind me asking? I have seen some on amazon you get 30 capsules and take one daily and it contains alot of lactobacillus in or do I just need the things you have listed at the bottom that are most important?

Its just so hard to keep my stress levels down as I suffer from bad mental health conditions but I'm going to try my hardest!

thanks so much for your help and advice, I really appreciate it. I will keep you updated on how things are going and hopefully improving, thanks again and take care 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.