Folliculitis lumps around base of neck and dizziness

Posted , 2 users are following.

I contracted HPV about 3 years ago, tested for all other std's and none present bar type 1 herpes - which is quite common.

Soon after, about 3-2 years ago i developed a skin rash on my back, the spots were very red and pronounced and quite uniform - chicken pox like. By the time i went to the doctors it had gone, but i had a few red lumps pop up in other areas.. they diagnosed folliculitis... treatment has been unsuccessful.

Since then the spots slowly spread to different areas, and eventualy got to how they are now, all over my body.. less pronounced, more like a general yeasty very subtle skin infection.. skalp, buttocks, neck, back, all over... skin is in very poor condition now all over... subtle bumpy skin.

I started getting the bouts of dizziness then (about 1 to 2 years ago.

About one year ago i had my first lump on my neck, (lymph nodes)

intermittent dizziness, lymph nodes, fatigue, general unwellness, rash, intermittent shortness of breath, bad deep pourus blotchy dryish skin on forehead, headaches, dehydrated feeling have remained ever since. Doctors suggest anxiety... I've lost days at work due to dizziness and feeling like my bodies getting very ill the the next day im totally fine.. havent had actual cold or flu symptoms in ages... just the same feeling on repeat... please help, nobody knows the answer, i fear lymphoma but doctors seem like i'm fine.... I'm not in good health, this is all i know... my body doesnt seem to be getting rid of whatever infection it is trying to fight?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Have you had any blood tests to check for autoimmune diseases? I don't know what the specific tests are but I know that certain levels of creatine kinase and inflammation markers can help determine if you have one. If it is an autoimmune disease your immune system is compromised (weakened) and it can effect almost any kind of system in your body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.