Follow

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies a quick question..when you go for your 8 week check does the consultant have a look..Ie like a smear text look 😳

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi debra on my 8 week check yes my consultant had a smear test look and removed some stitches but it was ok wasn't too uncomfortable
    • Posted

Hi Joan' and thank you was just wondering what to expect mines tommorow xx
  • Posted

Hi. I had to wait 16 weeks for my post op check! Surgeon asked me how I was, I said "fine" and he shook my hand and signed me off. I asked whether he wanted to check his handiwork and he said "no need".

Seven months post op I started slight bleeding and discharge, then saw a couple of stiches down loo. They had failed to dissolve and tissue had grown over them. I have a sore open patch inside and now need to go back to hospital to have it cauterised. Demand an internal is my advice!

• Posted

Hi wow that's a long time to wait..oh dear poor you..and I will demand an internal I've got a few questions aswell x
  • Posted

i had a 4 week and 8 week check up and both times had an internal ! 4 week one was a tad uncomfortable 8 week one was no problem and it always puts your mind at rest to know there is no problems. Good luck tomorrow you will be fine X
    • Posted

Hi. Whereabouts do you live? As I am envious of such good treatment!! 
    • Posted

I went private as had cover with my husbands work benefits. I live on the Wirral (over the water from Liverpool) X
    • Posted

I am fundamentally opposed to private healthcare but this is a classic example of it being better than the NHS aftercare treatment I received. How can it vary so much??? It's not right.

Rant over and I am really pleased you got such great care.x

• Posted

I know it will sound hypocritical but i am not a huge fan of private healthcare either - I gave in to the nags of my husband as he would have struggled to have given the support he did at any other time due to work so for that it came into its own. My consultant did say tho he would have seen me at 6 weeks post op for this particular surgery through the NHS whereas a lot of the time the GP is expected to do the post op check now X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.