Follow up

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is just a follow up on my original question which I would like to thank everyone for taking the trouble to advise me.  But if anyone can remember when the were first fitted with a pessary was there a significant discharge and if so did it last long.  I am seriously thinking of going to the dr on Monday to get it removed.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bianca,  

I have a saying "If in doubt - do nowt" so if I were you, if you're not happy with that pessary, get it taken out now. At least you can enjoy your holiday and hopefully the discharge will stop. To me it seems the right thing to do. 

Talk to your doctor about getting the operation done instead because it's brilliant and well worth it believe me. Read up all you can about it and even watch videos on YouTube. Let us know what you decide to do. Best wishes. LadyPink

• Posted

Hi I agree with Ladypink, if its not making any difference to how you feel and worrying you, I think I would take it out.. It would be different it you are feeling more comfy with it in but doesn't sound like you are. Tell your doctor how you are feeling and he should advise accordingly.
  • Posted

I had a very heavy discharge Bianca I had mine fitted lasy year for 3 months but had it removed because I hated having to wear a pad all the time I also was afraid I might smell. So I opted for the Op which I had 10 weeks ago and am happy with.    Yet a friend of mine gets on fine with hers.
    • Posted

Thanks for that Polly.  I am going to Dr today as I hate this.  Added to that I think my body is reacting badly to it which is making me feel ill.  I just wish it had fallen out as some of the others on the foram have experienced.
    • Posted

Oh dear Biana, You do sound so fed up. The quicker you get rid of that thing the better from the sound of it. Let us all know how you get on at the doctor's. We 're thinking of you. Good luck. LadyPink
    • Posted

Hi Bianca I hope by now you have had the Pessary removed and are feeling much better Let us know how you get on. All the best Polly
    • Posted

Hi Polly, thank you so much for your good wishes.  I feel a bit more relaxed about things now it's out.  Lovely Dr too.  Now I just want to feel a little more like myself again which I think will take another couple of days and I'll be firing on all cylinders.  I wish you good luck.
    • Posted

Well done Bianca I hope you will be feeling a lot better now. What a relief, eh? LadyPink
    • Posted

Best of luck Bianca so glad you are feeling almost back to normal now.Polly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.