Follow up

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had an a + p repair on the 27th October. On discharge from the hospital said I would get a telephone call from the consultant 2 weeks post op then an appointment for the out patients clinic. Today I received a letter saying my phone call was scheduled for 15th february which will be 16 weeks post op. Has anyone else had to wait this long ? Fair enough waiting this length of time for the out patients appointment but I feel this is quite a long time to wait to even speak to the consultant. I've not had any pain from the op at all, only slight stinging . Should I phone tomorrow to query it or just accept that's how long I need to wait ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne-Marie. I had my op on the 10th may a&p and sacrospinous hysteropexy my follow up check up was supposed to be on 10th sept but is continually being put back at short notice and as it stands it is now 22nd Feb 2017 which will be over 9 months since my op. I have phoned and complained several times as I still have occasional spotting etc but seems there's nothing can be done nhs is stretched soo far. It is very frustrating.

• Posted

Forgot to say a follow up phone call isn't offered at my hospital the outpatients appointment is the first contact since surgery

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, that's not good they keep cancelling your appointments , I don't think any of us are in any hurry to have our bits looked at again but it's good to get things checked to make sure everything went well. Fingers crossed they don't change this one for you xx

• Posted

Hallo!    My consultant told me I would receive a letter for my post op check up which I did and it will be 3 months.  Personally I am pleased it wasn't 6 weeks that some have had as I was sore still ( this comes and goes) but am hoping that at 3 months I will feel a lot different to have an internal.  Hopefully you won't have too long to wait for your follow up....but you can always phone them to make sure?     My op was at Northampton.  

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I am glad it's not 6 weeks as I really didn't fancy anyone having a look that quick, I just thought the phone call would have been quicker, might give the consultants secretary a call just to check that time is normal as the letter that has went to my doctor defo states a phone call 2 weeks after surgery. I am in Scotland , don't know if that makes any difference with the follow ups, I think all hospitals work different xx

• Posted

I would really think there has been a mistake somehow especially as they told you a call would be 2 weeks after surgery.  I would think your follow up would have rather been in Feb.   Maybe your letter was processed with the wrong wording.   Let's hope so 😊      Give them a ring.   

• Posted

Called the consultants secretary today and she said the hospital dischargeĀ letter should never have stated i would a get a call after 2 weeks. My constultant normally calls after 12 weeks but due to holidays it will be 16 weeks before i speak to him and depending on what i tell him will depend on wether i actually go and see him again. If i feel i need any advice or that i really need to see him before the 16 weeks ive just to call his secretary again and she will arrange it. Dont know if i would prefer for him to have a look to make sure the surgery has defo worked. Plenty of time to decide xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.