Follow up appointment for my biology lesson😂😂😂😂😂😂

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello ladies

Sorry for the wait in posting my update from seeing my fabulous proff consultant yesterday. Here goes.

After chatting with me about how I'm doing he asked me what it is in worried about.

He explained that when they repair the anterior repair they never cut right down to the end because we would all be incontinent,there are nerves that control the mechanics of the urethra and bladder.

After taking pictures of my anatomy on my phone he showed me what was normal on the screen which was very comforting if I'm honest.. This is The first time I've ever looked at my bits 😂😂. As Chloe mentioned in her post the area underneath urethra with folds and ridges is completely normal and must move in the sense it's fleshy, and what we feel in the front is the way we should be after childbirth ..unfortunately. He also did say that the both walls should touch and it's normal to feel some movement down there as it's a muscles that needs to stretch. My bladder is where it should be and he is so so pleased with how i am doing.

He checked the thick tissue at back wall entrance and that is just my normal anatomy for me, he checked my back wall and said that was fine. He wouldn't touch my back wall anyway as I'm to young and it would cause my vagina to be very tight which may result in painful intercourse.. He only would do the back wall when I'm a lot older if needs be and only as a last resort.

He told me I c a n resume intercourse and to always use a natural lubricant for comfort always. My pelvic floor strength has really improved a lot in 5 wks with a score of 3/5 instead of 1\2?

He told me to never strain ever on the loo and to use a squatty potty ladies as this will definitely improve our pelvic floor health immensely. Eat chi a seeds in water everyday to improve and prevent constipation..

So ladies after 3 weeks of worrying about that soft fleshy area under urethra before vagina is definitely normal for us all and is NOT a prolapse .These folds and ridges are just our normal anatomy.

Oh he did say I have good vaginal laxity for my age and to keep doing what I'm doing with my recovery plan. Waljing,swimming and cycling are the best exercise to do and to never jog or trampoline ever as this is just nightmare ready to happen. Never bend at the waist and not to carry heavy shopping bags ever again.. No carrying baskets only a trolley... This isn't to be done till way after 3 months plus😋😋😋

So ladies I hope my post has helped you all with the similar concerns as me and some other ladies on her, Ange I'm sure you feel so relieved too hun. I just feel absolutely blessed to have such a fabulous surgeon who is top in his field of urogynacology.. Driving 4 hours to see him was just so worth it and if anyone near Wales that need a fabulous professor in urogynacolgy he is your man!!! I can't speak highly enough of him and for all he has done i will be eternally grateful.

And he was pleased with is bottle of

red wine😋😋😋.

Any questions ladies fire away. Happy Tuesday and let's have a peaceful mind knowing we are all normal and healthy.

Lots of hugs and healthy vibes to all my friends on here😘😘😘. Keep posting 🚺🚺🚺🚺🚺 xxx

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Thatโ€™s great news. My consultant had said I was perfectly normal for a woman after childbirth and post surgery. ....and that the part I was worried about was full of nerves and blood vessels and not to be messed with. So exactly the same. I will believe her now. I am feeling that this is more normal for me as the days go on and everything is settling. Thanks for the detailed feedback. Such a relief.ย 
  • Posted

I was advised linseed every day! ย Same purpose and end result. Also swim walk cycle tooย 
    • Posted

Yes linseeds/flaxseed are the same.chi a seeds do sweep the bowel clean and are very soothing for digestive tissues. Squatty potty is a must for me too.

Do hun every time you feel a movement down there when we walk we must remember it's how it should be and we will never redo what childbirth and nature has had in-store for us. Pheeewwwww what a relief.feel like running naked in the sea😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 no chance lolxx

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl, 

So very pleased to hear how well you are doing and that you are healing perfectly.

I'm glad you have such a good  urogynocologist who has put your mind at rest and many ladies on the forum will benefit from your post.

Continue being careful and if and when you get back out to work please be cautious as employers do not always have your best interests at heart. 

Having said that I'm doing much better again since I had my shifts changed to ensure I get a seat at till, can now choose to sit or stand so still standing for once an hour for about 15/20 mins.

I'm off on holiday next week; I'm maybe going to look into Pilates as feel the cycling has been too much. Maybe try cyvling again later if can build up muscle strength with Pilates.

Take care,

Phyl x👍😀💕

• Posted

Just be careful with some Pilates exercises. Many put a lot of pressure on your pelvic floor. Many are good as well. Make sure the teacher is aware you need to be careful and adapts as needed for you. Crunches, 100, plank etc are not good.ย 
    • Posted

Thanks Ange for advice, haven't done any crunches, planks, sit-ups, push-ups or anything which causes downpressure on pelvic floor not allowed to do anything where two feet of the ground, no trampolines my running or jumping; all very frustrating not much left.

Having had 2 lots of  repairs am very limited to swimming and walking and even they are limited/in moderation did try cycling again as I coped after its repair but this time it's really too much. 

Stephanie the physio on this forum advised the same as you to make sure Pilates instructor has experience with pelvic floor problems so she can advice.

Now that I've had shift change I think I'll try get physio referral now I can make the Monday morning or early afternoon clinic nearby. 

X

• Posted

Lovely to hear from you phyl.so glad your feeling good.

Keep up the good work and have a wonderful holiday xxx

• Posted

So grateful to hear all is well for you Welshgirl! ย Thank you for sharing what you learned - your uro gyn is helping all of us through you! ย 
    • Posted

Thank you ed. Very glad it's helping us all.Keep well.xx

• Posted

Hello, so pleased for you, and such a help with all the info, certainly take it on board, I too have a fantastic physiopherapist , it is so great to have the confidence from these trained ย people .

take careย 

Valerieย 

• Posted

Thanks for update. Very reassuring.

Just have soreness after 4 and 1/2 weeks. Does this ย go eventually ? it ย was much ย easier than the rectocele repair.

• Posted

I didn't have much soreness but know it's very common.pure virgin coconut oil is very soothing around vulva but don't put insidexx

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl!

Thank you for your update. I am so very glad that you received such a great report! I am encouraged that all my concerns are a normal part of the recovery. You continue to take care of YOU! Thanks again.

• Posted

Thanks Brenda.so glad it has helped you.. It's sure a relief to know we are normal even though we may not think it.x

• Posted

Thanks Welshgirl for the lengthy info following your check up. Itโ€™s great when you have a professional who will give you the time.ย 

You were like a case study ...very interesting! ย 

Thank you again for sharing for the benefit of us all.ย 

Peta

• Posted

Hi Pete

I'm glad it was helpful.. I am blessed to have such a fabulous proff😀

He really cares for his patients and the dedication he has for his work is such a joy to see. His words were "my door is always open"

That is priceless isn't it.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.