follow up appt

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Had my follow up appt with consultant today and yipee been told i'm all back to normal now (op was 13.4.15) and can do whatever i want and lift whatever i want (within reason) but if it hurts don't do it, he said he thinks i'm sensible enough to know what to do (obviously doesn't know me lol).

So onwards and upwards now and back to training from Monday.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Neverstaysstill

Congratulations razzyou made it through your long journey.  Doesn't it feel good it be back to normal.  Well done you.  Lots of celebrating this weekend and then back to your training on Monday.  

So pleased for you.  Take care now.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Great results with your follow up.How much weight are you calling with in reason?I'm still nit lifting anything too heavy and i will be careful until i am about 6 months post op.

xxx

• Posted

I think its going to be a case of if it feels a bit to heavy and pulls on my belly a little i will still lift it but if i really pulls and hurts then i won't.

I would normally lift 20kg animal food sacks as we have chickens so won't be doing that for a while yet but will pack a few more things than 2 in my carrier bags when i go shopping.  The consultant said that after 2 months a cannot do any harm really as i will be all healed inside and just to be sensible. Also don't think i will be doing any sit ups or high impact aerobics for a while and will only be doing low impact and swimming type exercise.

• Posted

Everyone tells you different,it gets a bit confusing.My dr told me that i would be healed inside after 6 weeks and when i went back to work last week not to lift any mote than 2.5kg.If everyone heals at different rates how can they know if you are fully healed without doing like a scan afterwards.My holiday is now only a week away so i am keeping clear of my normal job until after i get back.I returned last week doing 12 hrs,this week is 19hrs.I saw my manager yesterday and he is very happy with my progess.He has given me another 4 weeks part time before i return to my normal hrs.Next week i am doing 20 hrs.I am then on holiday and return to 25,then 30,then 35 hrs week by week.My full time hrs start w/c July 27th which is quite hood as i have only got a 4day wee
    • Posted

Sorry sent it in error before i finished the post. Meant to say which is quite good as i have only got a 4 day week due to be going away again on Aug 1st.I have another 2 weeks off so officially i return back full time on Aug 17th.All well planned.

xxx

• Posted

I don't know why this got moderated,i didn't say anything wrong.I even put the end of my other post correct.

• Posted

great news back to being normal again
    • Posted

What happens at your appt? I had one at 3 weeks, the Dr just looked at my incision and obviously couldn't do much then. I have another appt 2 July which will be 10 weeks. What will happen? I called the nurse at 6 weeks and she released some of my restrictions, but was only over the phone. What kind of examination will I get when I see the Dr then?
    • Posted

I had mine at 4 weeks waited over an hour and a half, she just read my path lab results said everything normal had a look at my incision said healing as expecped refered me back to my own doctor. 
  • Posted

Really want to know when I can start heavy lifting again. Have to take 3 or 4 trips every day to the overpriced Tesco Express around the corner because I'm only allowed light bags. Want to be able to walk to the big Morrisons a mile away and just do a once a week shop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.