Follow Up on starting HRT Pellets last Thursday

Posted , 4 users are following.

I did meet with my Dr. last week and after a good discussion went ahead with 50mg of estrogen and testosterone each. The estrogen kicked in within 48 hours, I know because I was having premenstrual symptoms as the pharmacy held up my progesterone script and couldn't start that till day 4. All fixed since I started taking the progesterone. The testosterone I didn't notice till day 6 and I must say I am thrilled my libido is back to normal, yay! My menopause symptoms are easing, can't say they are gone but much more manageable already. Dr. said hormones will peak at 3 to 4 weeks and then very gradually wane. She also mentioned that this first time around I may need to come in before 3 months for blood work, hormones may wear off faster.

Procedure was mostly painless, the numbing shot hurt more than anything, ironic. As far as a scar, it's the size of a pen mark dot, really nothing πŸ˜ƒ

Just wanted to update the group and to any woman in misery thinking about doing the pellets, do your homework ask your questions but so far I am glad I chose this method of HRT. Wishing you good health!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

this is FANTASTIC!!! always go for blood work since your estrogen can store and be too much which can make u feel off as well ... happened to me.. simple fix of lower dose in next pellet brought me to normal again.. Pellet has been amazing for me too

• Posted

Great news, Peaceful Marie! Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about the pellets but they are just so expensive. But I'm finding my testosterone creme has lost its effectiveness...I think it's converting to estrogen and that is why I'm gaining weight and bloated. Think I"ll consider the pellets. Send another update in a month?? thanks!

• Posted

I will keep posting and updating. I know cost was an issue for me too but HRT pills stopped working after 10 months and patch or cream were not a viable option for me. I live in Phoenix, AZ and my cost for both pellets total was $250. Blue Cross Blue Shield considers them "experimental" even though they've been around since the 1930's and wouldn't cover them.

Another option for testosterone which I tried and worked for a short time are bioidentical testosterone pills that bypass the liver. Belmar Pharmacy in Colorado makes them and shipped to me. Price was reasonable, $75 for 90 pills. They stopped working on me because I was taking oral estrogen and since I was already having an estrogen pellet inserted it was less expensive to have a testosterone pellet done at same time than continue pills.

Keep us posted too πŸ˜ƒ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.