Follow up to prior post dr upping dosage to 112 mcg

Posted , 4 users are following.

A few weeks ago, I posted a discussion about feeling super lethargic again after my doctor upped my dosage from 100 to 112 mcg of Levothyroxine. I didn’t know what was going on because I had felt so awesome up until then. Well come to find out, my brother who works at the pharmacy looked into my prior refills and discovered I had been taking Levothyroxine made by Sandoz for my prior prescriptions but I had been given Levothyroxine made by Lannett for the new dosage of 112. He has said that many people have complained about medicine manufactured by Lannett. From what I understand, Lannett puts more fillers in their medicine or something so it’s not as strong. My doctor sent in a new prescription for the Sandoz brand. I have been back on it for 2 weeks and have felt wonderful!! Anyway, just wanted to post this just in case anyone was experiencing a change in manufacturers and getting symptoms again! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Grt, thanks for posting. Hlad you sorted it out. How fortunate that you had the inside track and were able to get the information!

Not surprizing.  I tried quite a few different brands of levo without success. It occurs to me that what I was taking can't possibly be the same as what other people take who say the meds work. I’m positive that the many brands I tried wouldn't work any better for anyone else than they did for me.

As for Sandoz, I find it disturbing that a company makes both  medications and pesticides. 

But then again, I don’t trust any of the drug companies. 

• Posted

I don’t trust drug companies either.  I feel better knowing I’m not the only one.  Thanks. 
  • Posted

Thanks for the heads up on this! I will check the manufacturer of my medication 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.