Food

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can any one tell me what food to avoid for lichen planus 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Avoid inflammatory foods like dairy. Also, reduce suger intake.

Have you been dealing with any digestive problems like IBS or other problems to due with nutrition absorption?

If so a pre and probiotic or just a probiotic will help. See my other topics I've started.

Flaxseed meal and oil helps also.

• Posted

How is sugar problematic? I haven't noticed the link to flare ups that I do with nightshades

• Posted

Everything from the nightshade family. at first i stopped eating them as it made my ibs worse, and i suspected there was a link, but now its obvious. i ate a salad with cherry tomatoes and my gums flared up and i my scalp felt sunburned for a week in winter!
    • Posted

I haven't had to deal with the OLP just the LP. I have noticed with my LP that to much suger in my diet will Flare up my LP. Suger feeds the bad bacteria in our gut allowing it to grow and become problematic. Eating foods that are high in sugers and starches will throw the delicate flora balance off in our gut and inflame the intestinal walls "IBS"

Foods in the nightshade group are on the acidic side of the PH scale and might explain why you flare up after eating them. I'd try to stay on the higher side of the PH scale and see how your ONLINE reacts. A probiotic will help restore the balance back to a normal state.

• Posted

Correction not online but OLP
  • Posted

Yes Iv got colitis which am always going to toilet my skin as broke out on my face and legs my mouth is all soar on in side l inflamed 
    • Posted

What have you tried to date to help with symptoms?

I found that drinking lots of water no pop or soda can help. Eating non-inflammatory foods also can help. Stay away from dairy products and suger for a while. Research anti-inflammatory foods and foods that are higher on the PH scale. Focus on restoring your gut health. Do some research and talk to your doctor. I have started to take a probiotic and flaxseed oil supplements, both will help restore gut health to a normal state. I have also add flaxseed meal into my diet. The dietary fiber and omega 3 fatty acids in the flaxseed improve gut health, increase blood flow and a whole list of good things. Once your gut is repaired you will start to see improvement.

My Dr. had me on prednisone for a while to help with inflammation and at the same time is when I started to focus on improving my gut health and it seemed to work. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

I also have fish oil which I think makes me feel better. and when im feeling really inflammed - I live in China so sometimes I can't avoid inflammatory foods- i have oatmeal , its soothing and antiinflammatory.

• Posted

Yes oatmeal has beneficial dietary fiber that helps bind the stool and fish oil has the Omega 3 fatty acids that are also helpful. In my experience it's better not to eat the inflammatory foods such as dairy as it does not help and will make symptoms worse. Foods like cabbage and sauerkraut or other fermented foods have beneficial probiotic bacteria that help with gut health also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.