Food-diet

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone out there actually tried a diet that works, or at least seemed to improve symptoms. I am not perfect, I will never maintain a perfect diet. Anything that's definetly a no-no or a definite yes would help. I actually read 2 articles today about best "arthritic diets". One article said to replace sugars with other sweetners, as sugar can cause inflammation. IN THE SAME article under things you shouldn't eat....were most of the sweetners they said you SHOULD use. I was like- you have GOT to be kidding me! Catch-22 anyone! lol...Lastly, a big shout out to the ladies who have helped me out so much over the last few weeks. You know who you are.  I can tell you, you have changed my life. You cannot not talk to just anyone about this kind of problem. They don't get it, most guys, shy away from it. I don't know, scared of thier own mortality, incapable of compassion and empathy. Who knows! I respect all of your time in answering my questions, patience, kindness, honesty and support. I wish I could give you all a hug and peck on the cheek. Indi

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yay Indi.  Glad you have some gr8 help.  I have all but cut out sugar, we us dates or banana or apple to sweeten smoothies, and honey occasionaly in tea or coffee.  It has got to help.  No dairy and no gluten.  Its not a miracle but it MUST give a foundation for our bodies to start correcting itself.  Mostly organic but I think we will run out of money for that!!!  I though i would never manage without dairy but i use a mix of sy alamond and coconut.  (mixed myself).  Good luck.  Check labels very carefully eg for hidden dairy and gluten and don't beleve all staff!!!!

• Posted

One of my daughters has a diary allergy. So I am aware of all that hidden stuff. Trying to cut diary back, actually not that hard. No idea how to cut back the gluten, I mean I know what it is but very difficult for me personally. Last, the cut back of sugar helps, what am I gonna do. NO CHOCOLATE!!! but yes you are confirming what I have read, I don't want to accept it but I guess I have to. lol  Thanks kay

• Posted

You just did give us all a hug and a peck on the cheek...it felt wonderful...Thank you so much. cheesygrin

• Posted

Ta indi. Yes, this maybe where we all find our best support.

I am also aware that those who try to understand it don't want to accept or be reminded of it either.

I'm a lot more relaxed these days not living with my husband. We both live within 25 minutes of each other and still talk and I help him a bit with basic not too physical stuff. I live within 10 minutes of both our children and their families and 5 young grandsons in total who often stay over weekends, mostly not at once, but occasionally.

This is where I'm very lucky atm and I lap it up!

• Posted

Jill you are so lucky to have your family around you.....mine are thousands of miles away in Australia. My eldest daughter comes to Bali often so I'm lucky with that. I have five kids...( two not with us anymore)...and 6 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren...We're all getting together this Christmas in Australia...it'll be wonderful.

Re the diet thingy...many of us can't give that thought energy...I'm 70 and don't wan't to listen....But I do eat well, mainly organic coz I live here and we grow lots in the garden...However, I have been losing weight recently coz I don't feel hungry every day...miss a couple of days eating..here and there. No junk food...just homegrown chicken and eggs and veg/fruit..home made cakes/bread and jams too...yummy.

• Posted

Yeah my folks, told me they love being grandparents. When thier done, the children go home. My mother seems to find that one hilarious.

And yes, I agree, the best support is here, hands down.

• Posted

I made myself a little office at the back of my house...and there are pics of all my family on the walls...I say hello to them every day while I'm on the computer...That's fine with me...but it will be nice to have them all around me for a few days. This site is exactly what I needed. To be able to reach out to people who know what I'm going thru' is a God send...Love you all..G

• Posted

Right back at ya G. And yes this site is a definetly a stepping stone for me. I had forgotten to grab the railing somewhere on the way down. But I'm pretty sure now I'm at least heading in the right direction. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.