food/drink advice for suspected ulcer/gerd/hiatus hernia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya,

it all started since the key hole surgery I had to check my ovaries etc.

It's been 2+ years & 24/7 I'm nauseated, burning sensation in my stomach, dizziness~ not to dizzy, more of a weird feeling.

It also radiates & hurts my back occasionally, but the stomach problems, along with it being hard to burp, or bring anything up, it's made my life hell so I'm indoors near enough 24/7, laying down, but even then I still have the burning feeling no matter what, even if I just drank water.

I hear rumbles go up & down where I'm attempting to burp or be sick but I never can & I only bring up acid once in a while as it seems like effort to even bring that up.

I've been back & forwards to the Drs, but I'm awaiting an endoscopy, after no test on my stomach after all this time.

It happened since the day I had the op,

the next day I started getting a tight neck, ever since that I've had an array of symptoms & I'm a recluse because of it.

I just need some relief & anti acids from over the counter, esp gaviscon made it a lot worse to the point where I thought I needed 999, but I remained as calm as poss & I've just been suffering these horrendous symptoms.

I was fine before this op back in 2014 & now after all this time I'm still like this 24/7, no good days just 24/7 horrendous symptoms.

Please could someone advice me on foods, or something just to give me back my life. I'm only in my twenties & I can't deal with these health problems, they won't go away, not even for 1sec.

I had plans to start a family, but had struggled getting preg hence the lap op I had, but that's a long distant dream now.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you had no problems before this operation.it looks like a mistake has been made.  I think you need to insist on an investigation as to what happened during your surgery.  In the meantime, avoid greasy, fatty, fried and spicy foods.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I totally agree but the Dr keeps dishing out pills, several could be this, could be that & I've only just got them to do me an endoscopy but haven't had any appt through yet as A&E requested it & wrote to my GP. I have lots of neuro probs since too & sinus sort of pressure etc & no help. I was fine before, could eat anything & was fine. No meds whatsoever.

• Posted

Sometimes doctors are only interested in giving you medication to treat the symptoms rather than getting to the root of the problem. It took eight attempts for me to get diagnosed with IBS and I had to put up with comments like 'your symptoms are confusing; I haven't got a clue'.

• Posted

I was the exact same, I got keyhole surgery to remove my gallbladder, after that all the pain I had previously reoccurred but more severe, I was then told that one of my bile ducts had been damaged via the surgery. Now I have Fabriomyalgia and like you I have dizziness every day, I take sweats so I rarely go out. I also have other health problems with this, my whole life has stopped and I was only 44 when this happened. Doctors won't admit responsibility for my damaged bile duct, and I have frequent stays in hospital due to this, I feel like you, no one is actually helping me to get to the root of it, I think because then liability would be proven. Xx best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.