Food for OA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there

Have any of you found a HUGE difference following a specific diet for OA, other than losing weight and maintaining a good weight

I've tried all sorts!

Many thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I changed my diet. My diet constists of chicken, fish and veggie burgers, no beef, pork, lamb. I cut out carbs and sugar. I also drink carrot, celery, green apple and ginger a couple of times per week. I have a juicer. I find the change of diet helps and juicing celery pulls acid out of system, ginger helps with pain. I found beef to be high in acid and acid aggrevate's the pain.

I've been fighting OA for over 30 years.

Hope that helps.

• Posted

Thanks for that. I've been trying to eat more fish and lose a bit of weight. I'm interested in the celery info. Is juicing more effective than eating a stick of celery?!

OA is miserable isn't it? i feel as though I'm in a parallel universe. We have to keep each other going!

• Posted

Every time I think I am eating sensibly for my osteoarthritis I am either told by a medic or read some health advice that food is wrong! I just cannot seem to get it right! But the one advice that seems to be pretty constant is vegetables are great.

• Posted

Many thanks for replying. It really is confusing. I kept a log of what I was eating for a number of weeks to see which foods triggered inflammation with out success. I agree about veg and I'm eating more - making loads of soup! But I expect that's not right either...!!! Lots of greens have to be good anyway! If you find anything, do let me know please!

• Posted

Hi , I have found some relief by cutting nightshade foods from my diet. These are potatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers and aubergine. I did a lot of research into nightshade foods and the problems they can cause and I have found that if I eat potatoes or tomatoes I do suffer afterwards. I had fish and chips last week as a treat and had painful hips and legs for two days afterwards.

• Posted

Hi there

I've been keeping a record of foods and I just can't seem to pin it down to anything which is disappointing. Good that you have managed to find something that helps with foods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.