Food getting stuck after taking meds!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all! I've taken sumatriptan for years and have always had the problem of food occasionally becoming stuck for a brief moment in my oesophagus before carrying on to my stomach. I feel instantly dizzy and faint (probably anxiety). I always get bad acid reflux with this med too.  I'm wondering if  has anyone else experienced this after taking this med? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I to have been taking sumatriptan for years for migraines and also suffer these symptoms also but never made the connection . I recently had a gastro camera down my throat into my stomach and it revealed a hiatus hernia. Not connected to the medication but maybe worth asking your doctor for a referral.

• Posted

i think u need to get endoscopy iv had bad acid and choking on for for 9 years. been diagnosed with hietus hernia and a narrowing in osophugus. i now take 1 omeprazole a day and havent choked on food or had acid for 5 months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.