Food ideas..

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there, nice to meet everyonesmile! I'm new here and when I have more energy I will write out a better intro. At the moment I'm on day 2 liquids from a flare..One month away from scheduled Sigmoidectomy..My brain is fried..Just looking for harimless soft food ideas, low residue for the next month..Because I think thats where I will be hanging..

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I practically live off of potatoes. And 1 egg a day.
  • Posted

Would sweet potatos be ok too? I'm avoiding nightshades till post surgery..which white potato falls into.Also avoiding gluten and grains, dairy..alergic to yeast, soy, and corn. Happy, happy, joy, joy..lol..I know there is a wealth of resources out there..I'm just to tired to read through them all..I was gonna just try single foods one day at a time..Eggs sound good. So mathe scrambled eggs tomorrow..

• Posted

White bread , scrambled eggs , chicken in the crock pot, mashed potatoes, applesauce, popsicles, and noodles.

I had surgery in April so I remember what it was like waiting for surgery. Hoping I wouldn’t have another attack! Good luck to you!

• Posted

Thank you for those great ideassmile! I was doing so well and thought I could make it there..I just think at this point I need to just stick to this limited diet till then or I'll be out of luck..Can't wait to get it over with..

• Posted

I do yams and salmon , creme of wheat and toast . Noodles and soups. Small ammounts through out day. I got the Diverticulitis pain free cookbook , its helpful. I thought I was in middle of a flareup cuz got mucus in diarrhea, nausea, loss of appetite burning pain, bloating this is day 8 so went right on the liquid diet, now on soft. But all my labs and cat scan are all normal, so strange, so im having endoscopy tommorrow then a colonoscopy, This is so confusing and freaking me out cuz I have all symptoms of flare up. Well wishing you a speedy recovery, prayers sent to u all going through this.
    • Posted

I hear ya! Through all my research and through reading through all these posts on this sites and others it's beginning to appear there are stages to this disease, and I think we go in and out of them..I get a lot of mucus one week, but no pinch pain..Then the next week no mucus, but my hair is falling out in chunks and I'm exhausted..next week I'll seem fine..following week a flare out of nowhere. I've gotten clean scans to in what seemed to be a short time after a major incident..I don't think the scans or even the colonoscopy show the full picture of this disease..It really is a mysterious condition that doesn't get enough press or research..A shame really..I wish you well in your fight too! thanks for the suggestions!!

• Posted

Yeah I hear ya, when I was for sure having a flare, major diarrhea with mucus, nausea loss of appetite, burning sensation throughout stomach and some sharp pain left side and lower back. But Cat Scan, blood work and Endoscopy all normal, said I don’t need colonoscopy for 2years cuz Cat Scan shows no sign of diverticulitis, just have diverticulosis. Very confusing and frustrating! So going to be checked for Candidia next. Best wishes and prayers sent your way. 
  • Posted

Hi. Jenny, I've tried all kinds of different foods. I've given up red meat and many processed foods; it seems to help.

High fiber foods always do me in.

Everyone is different and you can find what works for you. Good luck!

I'm rooting for you.

• Posted

I've had to give up red meat too..But that's OK, not the best food for you anyway. Recently I found white rice to be a trigger for me to..It really is strange how different foods cause distress..I really just wish I could pin it down for once. Not for lack of trying..lol

• Posted

I hear you there, I’m 4 months out cince my diagnoses and even though I’m back to just Diverticulosis I still have a hard time with finding what I can and cannot eat. So I stick to the Diverticulitis pain free foods cook book and the low FodMat diet. So hard. And yes even with all my labs and cat scan showing up normal, and today I had Endoscopy all is normal and GI Dr says no colonoscopy needed for 2 months, says I’m all good just got a bug or ate something that was bad. Doesn’t think it’s IBS , just anxiety and stress can give you false symptoms, and upset acid in stomach, plus I smoke and drink coffee still. I was told to do GSE and drink Golden milk daily so will try that. Hope you get feeling better, praying for you. 

• Posted

Hi Jenny,

So sorry you are not feeling well.  We are all there too or we have been there.  I am still recovering and missed my colonoscopy due to another flare.  I think you are smart to maintain at a low level to get you through.  I do chicken or turkey tenderloin in the crock pot with nothing to season it but olive oil on the meat and salt and fine grain pepper.  I put in some water and some carrots.  I am avoiding white potatoes too. Mainly because I am sick of them in all forms at this point.frown   I can't do applesauce at the moment it makes my stomach hurt but canned peaches and canned pears seem okay.    I think those 2 fruits are considered low residue but I am still figuring out what to eat so if someone knows otherwise please tell us both.    I think carrots are okay but my Dr said wait on green beans for a few weeks and only do green beans for awhile.  For me knowing what to eat is a struggle and I must not be mastering it hence the recent flare.    My Dr also suggested very thin sliced Boars Head deli turkey on a soft white roll.  As someone else mentioned I am being very careful with portion sizes-  very small amounts spaced out. My GI wanted me to incorporate some tender meats every day. 

I hope this helps.  Hang in there!

• Posted

It definitly helpssmile!! I'm adding your suggestions to my list..Slow cooker ideas sound yummy..I could use some comfort food!

• Posted

Crock pot recipes sound great so can you post some here for me, I’m so sick of plain Chicken, Salmon with yams or potatoes, cream of wheat with toast and pancakes. I do sandwich wraps with deli turkey, and the healthy tortilla wraps,  avocados, noodles with spinach and parsley, I switched to veganease mayo cuz I cannot do dairy or eggs. My diet is very boring, so any good diff recipes would be great. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.